Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Poll Tell me how not to suck.

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

i'm so lonely... i have no friends... plz help...

Sux2BU: Bigguyinblack: Dude, you’re really pathetic. You want the e-peen? Work for it. Start interesting threads, not half-bumed pieces of crap over and over and over again. I am not doing anything about those duplicate threads.

So even mods think my threads suck. Obviously I want the Flamebate E-Peen but I don’t post crappy topics by choice. So instead of ****ing about my crappy threads how about people Tubmail me with good ones. More interesting threads will lead to less ****ty ones.

Macks

[Team Shortbus]

Level 7 Troll

I want to **** you like an ANIMAL!!!!

first post in an epic thread

bada bing bada ****in boom

Cat

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

cool thred bro

im gaye ok

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

first kill yourself after that your path will become clear

Macks

[Team Shortbus]

Level 7 Troll

THREAD IS NOW ABOUT BORDER COLLIES

POST PICTURES OF BORDER COLLIES

Macks

[Team Shortbus]

Level 7 Troll

WAIT, THAT’S NOT A BORDER COLLIE

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

Macks

[Team Shortbus]

Level 7 Troll

IT’S A COMMON MISTAKE REALLY, THE KEYS ARE LIKE RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER

THE EMPEROR -
OF BLACK PEO-
PLE

Avatar: THE EMPEROR OF BLACK PEOPLE's Avatar

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

YOU WILL FAIL AT EVERYTHING YOU DO IN LIFE

fine upstanding member of societyfabulous personjaps: is bigguyinblack still here

9:52PM

fine upstanding member of societyfabulous personjaps: because i want to remind him

fine upstanding member of societyfabulous personjaps: that i make awesome threads

fine upstanding member of societyfabulous personjaps: and he cant

fine upstanding member of societyfabulous personjaps: nya nya nya

9:53PM

fine upstanding member of societyfabulous personjaps: DID YOU HEAR ME Bigguyinblack

fine upstanding member of societyfabulous personjaps: REMEMBER THAT ‘REPLY TO THIS THREAD’ THREAD

fine upstanding member of societyfabulous personjaps: IT GOT REPLIES

fine upstanding member of societyfabulous personjaps: CUS IT WAS FUNNY

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER

Agent_Orange

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I do not move out of the way

Sux2BU

Level 10 Troll

Sucky sucky 2 dolla!!!

Okay.

Start with something you actually care about and have an opinion on. Nearly all of the threads you’ve started in the last few weeks have been flat and uninspired because you don’t actually care about what gets talked about, just that you get credit for people posting. So instead of saying, “Hey, what topic will get me lots of replies”, ask, “what topic am I interested in and would like to discuss with other people?”

Then, pay attention to that topic. Respond to people. Give them a reason to feel that they are engaged in an interesting back-and-forth that is fun to participate in rather than just tagging an entry to a list no one cares about. If people want to move the topic in a different direction, roll with it and see where it takes you.

I’m sure you are an interesting person, but that doesn’t come across because you don’t talk about things that interest you, you only talk about stuff you think will get you e-peens, and that’s boring as hell to everyone but you. Talk about things that actually matter to you. In this game or outside of it. Tell us what it’s like living where you do. Tell us what it’s like playing the games you do. Tell us interesting stories about growing up.

But most of all: treat the conversation itself as the object, not the means to a goal. Because everyone can tell, and no one’s interested.

In fact, it does.

Macks

[Team Shortbus]

Level 7 Troll

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

i'm so lonely... i have no friends... plz help...

Your mostly right. Though I do think Emma Watson is hot, I like reading sick jokes, and the top 5 celebs people would sleep with was interesting while it lasted. I’ll try posting about things I’m interested in then. It remains to be seen if others are interested as well.

GusPlease

[The Weed gang]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

5 just 5 good si.r

—-weed gang—

Agent_Orange

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

Sux2BU

Level 10 Troll

Sucky sucky 2 dolla!!!

Bigguyinblack Posted:

Your mostly right. Though I do think Emma Watson is hot, I like reading sick jokes, and the top 5 celebs people would sleep with was interesting while it lasted. I’ll try posting about things I’m interested in then. It remains to be seen if others are interested as well.

If it isn’t yet, all I can suggest is letting it go for a while. People respond best to people they respect, and it may take you being an honest participant in other people’s threads for a while to get that. But if you can do it, respect will come, and after that flamebate scores.

In fact, it does.

Macks

[Team Shortbus]

Level 7 Troll

Agent_Orange

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

Macks

[Team Shortbus]

Level 7 Troll

Agent_Orange Posted:

Natalie Petr-
ov

Avatar: 30861 2010-01-24 16:36:34 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Queen of Hats and enjoy

In my experience, the more you obviously care about . . . well, anything, really, the more you’re opening yourself up to be mocked or disliked. At least on the internet, that is.

nanafabulous personjesus takes preemptive measures to block trolling — it’s hard to troll someone who so very clearly could not give a **** less about what you say.

However, when you post things about how you’re going for ePeen, or trying to collect the most ePeen, or anything like that, you’re opening yourself up for dismay, since most of the people here are a) terribly intelligent and b) terribly likely to mock you for caring about such things to begin with. That’s not to say that you shouldn’t try to get ePeen — if that’s what trips your trigger, go for it. However, Sux2BU has good advice — if you want people to respond, your best bet is to go with topics that people really dig. Start a thread introducing people to your favorite bands, or, hey, stuff like the Buffy thread you did is good — I know I watched “Once More With Feeling” more than a few times.

It also doesn’t really hurt to genuinely want to help people, or genuinely want to discuss a topic (as Sux2BU pointed out). If you’re really genuinely trying to be helpful when you start a thread or reply to someone else’s post, it makes a big difference. It’s also important to make sure that you’re not just posting threads and not replying in others. Again, as Sux2BU pointed out, if you’re not replying to others and only starting threads and then leaving, it looks like you’re just whoring for ePeen — which, if you’re doing, fine, but you’re not going to be popular and you’re not going to get the replies you need.

YMMV

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!