Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Gay Virgin Media

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

Hello, most of you have probably heard about the recent statements by the Virgin Media CEO in the U.K. For you that haven’t, Virgin Media have openly said that they will start throttling the speed to site that don’t pay a lot of money to the company.

This is so ****ed up i don’t know where to start. What about sites like ForumWarz that can’t afford to pay 100,000$ or whatever to the company and get shafted for speeds. Luckily for now it’s only Virgin have announced it so far, but if people don’t speak up this could spread. Perhaps there will be companies that don’t do it, but they will most likely market it as a feature and get away with charing more for the service.

So what do you guys think, is this just a money making thing or is there actually more to it, like limiting access to unwanted sources of information? This perhaps sounds like a conspiracy theory but what is your opinion on the whole situation.

Note: This topic is not about the tania ****. And not in the RP section.

Echuu edited this message on 04/25/2008 3:00PM

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

You know Tania isn’t really going to have sex with you, right?

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

THERE’S NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT

OH GOD ;o;

Echuu

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

BirdofPrey Posted:

You know Tania isn’t really going to have sex with you, right?

haha this has nothing to do with that.

Bruschi

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

FoetalBlowjob

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

FORUMWARZ IS THE WORST ****ING THING ON THE INTERNET, YOU ****male reproductive organ USELESS woman's genitalsHOLES.P.S PANTS RULES

i had sex with tania.

VengeanceX

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Doubtful it’ll happen in the US. Net Neutrality has been a hot topic amongst the internet. With Ted Steven’s as the man against it, we’ve already won 3/4 of the battle easily.

Gotta love the series of tubes.

http://savetheinternet.org – for all you US citizens who don’t know about it.

VengeanceX edited this message on 04/25/2008 3:12PM

Echuu

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

I doubt it can happened here(Sweden) either. Due to the government actually, as Sweden likes to expand the infrastructure and stay on the cutting edge i doubt they would ever allow anything like this.

VengeanceX

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I could never see Sweden limiting internet in any sense, especially because they didn’t care about the pirate bay for the longest time (granted that’s a tad off topic). And the only reason why they did something about their servers was the fact the MPAA and RIAA pressured them to.

Net Neutrality is a big issue for me, and I’ve actually asked the question to campaigning senators and governors when they come to town. It’s nice to hear a lot of support for it around here, but that’s mainly because this area tends to be more democratic. It’s really the corporations who are pushing for it though, which bothers me, because it seems that the interests of large conglomerates come first.

However tieing this all into the first post, I’m not sure if forumwarz servers are based in Canada or the US. I know the team is from Canada, and I’ve heard net neutrality is starting to become an issue there as well (from the P2P aspect of things).

VengeanceX edited this message on 04/25/2008 3:31PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!