Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Gay my parents abused me and as a result ive internalized a constant and permeating feeling of worthlessness

jiggaloon

Level 4 Camwhore

“Like a Virgin”

and now im incapable of handling romantic interpersonal connections

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

But what kind of calculator did they give u and did it make correct math?

xxEmoxKidxx

Avatar: 102681 2011-08-02 00:21:53 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

jiggaloon Posted:

and now im incapable of handling romantic interpersonal connections

Damn, I’m sorry that happened Log in to see images! Just remember you can always come here for unconditional support.

Also if this is trauma vent thread then my ex-partner of four years sexually and emotionally abused me for the majority of the relationship and now I can’t engage intimacy with another person without having panic attacks, resulting in my feeling inadequate and distancing myself until they break up with me.

jiggaloon

Level 4 Camwhore

“Like a Virgin”

Indiana Jonas Posted:

But what kind of calculator did they give u and did it make correct math?

Let G be a connected, simply connected compact Lie group, for example the special unitary group SU(n), and let Γ be a finite subgroup of G. Then the homogeneous space X = G/Γ has fundamental group Γ, which acts by right multiplication on the universal covering space G. Among the many variants of this construction, one of the most important is given by locally symmetric spaces X = Γ\G/K, where

G is a non-compact simply connected, connected Lie group (often semisimple),

K is a maximal compact subgroup of G

Γ is a discrete countable torsion-free subgroup of G.

In this case the fundamental group is Γ and the universal covering space G/K is actually contractible (by the Cartan decomposition for Lie groups).

As an example take G = SL(2, R), K = SO(2) and Γ any torsion-free congruence subgroup of the modular group SL(2, Z).

From the explicit realization, it also follows that the universal covering space of a path connected topological group H is again a path connected topological group G. Moreover, the covering map is a continuous open homomorphism of G onto H with kernel Γ, a closed discrete normal subgroup of G:

{\displaystyle 1\to \Gamma \to G\to H\to 1.} 1\to \Gamma \to G\to H\to 1.

Since G is a connected group with a continuous action by conjugation on a discrete group Γ, it must act trivially, so that Γ has to be a subgroup of the center of G. In particular π1Log in to see images! = Γ is an abelian group; this can also easily be seen directly without using covering spaces. The group G is called the universal covering group of H.

As the universal covering group suggests, there is an analogy between the fundamental group of a topological group and the center of a group; this is elaborated at Lattice of covering groups.

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

jiggaloon Posted:

Let G be a connected, simply connected compact Lie group, for example the special unitary group SU(n), and let Γ be a finite subgroup of G. Then the homogeneous space X = G/Γ has fundamental group Γ, which acts by right multiplication on the universal covering space G. Among the many variants of this construction, one of the most important is given by locally symmetric spaces X = Γ\G/K, where

G is a non-compact simply connected, connected Lie group (often semisimple),

K is a maximal compact subgroup of G

Γ is a discrete countable torsion-free subgroup of G.

In this case the fundamental group is Γ and the universal covering space G/K is actually contractible (by the Cartan decomposition for Lie groups).

As an example take G = SL(2, R), K = SO(2) and Γ any torsion-free congruence subgroup of the modular group SL(2, Z).

From the explicit realization, it also follows that the universal covering space of a path connected topological group H is again a path connected topological group G. Moreover, the covering map is a continuous open homomorphism of G onto H with kernel Γ, a closed discrete normal subgroup of G:

{\displaystyle 1\to \Gamma \to G\to H\to 1.} 1\to \Gamma \to G\to H\to 1.

Since G is a connected group with a continuous action by conjugation on a discrete group Γ, it must act trivially, so that Γ has to be a subgroup of the center of G. In particular π1Log in to see images! = Γ is an abelian group; this can also easily be seen directly without using covering spaces. The group G is called the universal covering group of H.

As the universal covering group suggests, there is an analogy between the fundamental group of a topological group and the center of a group; this is elaborated at Lattice of covering groups.

Just checked and yeah not sure my calculator has a bumon for all that.

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

Indiana Jonas Posted:

Just checked and yeah not sure my calculator has a bumon for all that.

My TI-84 doesn’t but my smart friend had a TI-89, that probably does.

jiggaloon

Level 4 Camwhore

“Like a Virgin”

university math is basically just a really rigorous subfield of philosophy sry guys

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

jiggaloon Posted:

university math is basically just a really rigorous subfield of philosophy sry guys

I took “Applied Calculus” which is basically “Math for Dummies/Business majors” lmao

Chuck Diesel

Avatar: 220714 2022-12-08 14:16:09 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

sperm

lmfaO math is ****in gay

jiggaloon

Level 4 Camwhore

“Like a Virgin”

Chuck Diesel Posted:

lmfaO math is ****in gay

yea thats true

algebraic topology and category theory are lit tho

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!