Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Noobs Thank to Cracked, I Now Have an Idea Behind "Pavlov"
Poll: Old news is OLD?
You must be logged in to vote.

TJF588

[URTJF2]

Level 63 Troll

“Flame Retarded”

lulz, Cracked.com. Ah, what I’ve learned from that place… It oughta be a clbum in high school; just a bunch of folks sitting around reading random **** to enrich their scope, or somethin’.

Anyway, this one is relevent to the Pavlov character, or at least it ought to be (if it’s not, tell me what relative-lackluster his name’s drawn from).

It’s tragic how many kids in the West never heard these stories growing up. One platoon leader in the Red Army named Yakov Pavlov personally rigged a Stalingrad apartment building with enough landmines, rifles and mortars to hold off half the Nazi army. The building was under fire day and night and even had some civilians in the basement, but the fortress never fell. Pavlov himself picked off one dozen tanks from the beast.

Our history books should not have been denied such awesomeness.

sauce: http://www.cracked.com/article_18389_the-5-most-widely-believed-wwii-facts-that-are-bull****.html

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

why did you post this here of all places?

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

I thought Pavlov’s name came from the psychologist? I mean salivation was a theme with him.

kraigu

Avatar: 132907 2010-01-24 16:36:53 -0500

Level 69 Hacker

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

“Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?”

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

kraigu Posted:

”Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?”

Ha, saw that on a moist towelette at Hooters of all places.

And I’m guessing Pavlov’s name came from Ivan Pavlov, the psychologist who came up with the theory of clbumical conditioning (to simplify, Dog+Meat=Salivating, Dog+Meat+Bell=Salivating, eventually Dog+Bell=Salivating…hence the slurping), parodying Rorschach from Watchmen, who was named after the Rorschach inkblot tests.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

sdgrbbum09 Posted:

And I’m guessing Pavlov’s name came from Ivan Pavlov, the psychologist who came up with the theory of clbumical conditioning (to simplify, Dog+Meat=Salivating, Dog+Meat+Bell=Salivating, eventually Dog+Bell=Salivating…hence the slurping), parodying Rorschach from Watchmen, who was named after the Rorschach inkblot tests.

Lol.

This.

TJF588

[URTJF2]

Level 63 Troll

“Flame Retarded”

Oooooh, mmkay. I’m out of the loop on Watchmen, so I’ve avoided anything related to it as much as I can until I see/read the thing. I guess psychosi—er, psychology is coo’, too.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

It’s an amalgam of Ivan Pavlov and Walter Kovacs (AKA: Rorschach). Sadly, it’s unlikely that they were aware of Yakov Pavlov, so he didn’t influence the FWZ character.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!