Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Stickied Rules Threads in RP

AAHZ

Avatar: 4016 2013-08-02 05:07:06 -0400

[Forumwarz Active P-
layers
]

Level 69 Troll

SAGAMI -WUZ- HERE

These threads all say the same thing and each forum does not have different b& rules for each forum like a Chan. I suggest a link on the top of the RP side opening to a page that explains whatever rules there happen to be for all RP boards.

I say this because of the lack of Locking Thread tools for MODS and also to save time and headache in the future for people bored enough to mess around with them. Plus the less stickied threads the better IMO.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

there was a bunch of different plans for improvement about this but they appear to have been put on hold. hopefully not forgotten

bumfabulous person

Level 30 Emo Kid

“Zorba the Bleak”

The uncertainty of being banned is exciting. Makes posting ALMOST worthwhile from an entertainment standpoint. Almost. Log in to see images!

Kidding, but how many rules are there for RP?

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

bumfabulous person Posted:

The uncertainty of being banned is exciting. Makes posting ALMOST worthwhile from an entertainment standpoint. Almost. Log in to see images!

Kidding, but how many rules are there for RP?

AAHZ – this is why there’s a sticky in every forum that links back to the rules. Even with that people miss them entirely.

bumfabulous person – http://forumwarz.com/discussions/view/34244-site-rules-updated-august-4-2009-at-11-00 everything you need to know is in there

AAHZ

Avatar: 4016 2013-08-02 05:07:06 -0400

[Forumwarz Active P-
layers
]

Level 69 Troll

SAGAMI -WUZ- HERE

The fact that nobody reads them and keeps wondering about the rules is because stickied threads are never read in the first place. Most average internet users skip past uninteresting stickied threads, with perhaps the exception of ones that offer BP or something else exciting that hooks people with the title and offers something.

Having a huge bold link on the RP side, above the forum titles, explaining the the rules makes the most sense to me and offers no excuses to people that break them or “didn’t know” because they never saw the sticky.

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I think that any static content tends to get overlooked and become semi-invisible to people over time. But, there’s not a lot you can do about it other than make the rules accessible to those who remember to check them and visible to those on the forums for the first time. If it were up to me, I’d probably also consider adding a link that says “Forum Rules” down at the bottom of the page (down where the links to About, Blog, etc are) next to the Forums link. But I’m sure people would overlook that as well.

plk edited this message on 08/23/2009 7:21PM

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

my suggestion from day one was to have big ugly flashing rules articles on the forum pages until the user goes to them. upon viewing they go back to looking like normal alerts. IE: seperated by a coloured box outside of the normal threads.

then also if they get edited for new rules or whatever, they become colorful and flashy again to get your attention

this was well received in discussion but i guess they’re still thinking on a bunch of stuff

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 08/23/2009 7:31PM

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

Avatar: 174541 2012-01-02 15:34:06 -0500

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

If I can write this, my whole life has been wasted. I'm worthless and awful.

I share the same opinion as Mr. AAHZ here.

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

my suggestion from day one was to have big ugly flashing rules articles on the forum pages until the user goes to them. upon viewing they go back to looking like normal alerts. IE: seperated by a coloured box outside of the normal threads.

then also if they get edited for new rules or whatever, they become colorful and flashy again to get your attention

There was a thread I was in once (can’t remember what it was), but it was discussed that when your main gets to level 4 (and you have access to the forums for the first time), there should be a warning(?) page before entering the forum that has the rules listed, and you must agree to them (tick a box?), before being able to go to the forums. An introduction to flamebate would be nicer (explaining RP & Non-RP), but that isn’t even really necessary.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!