Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Music MORE SPECIFIC MUSIC DISCUSSION

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

talk about bands you’ve recently found and love. or just bands that you love that you wish the entire world knew about.

also, explain why, you fabulous person.

I just got **** bumons “Street Horrrsing” album, and despite it potentially being clbumified as ‘noise rock’, it’s pretty ****ing amazing. I never used to go for this kind of music, but animal collective opened me up to a world of inaccessible music, then I started listening to Health and oh god i’m a fabulous person.

But in the category of more normalish music there’s Beach House. Their new album, Devotion is amazing. It’s mellow. Log in to see images!

Macks

[Team Shortbus]

Level 7 Troll

I want to **** you like an ANIMAL!!!!

I’m pretty bad at music D:

I downloaded Doolittle though, I’ve been listening to it almost all day. It’s great, I recognize most of the songs from listening to the radio and stuff but they’re all nice.

Do you have any of the Avett Brothers? Bop showed them to me, and even though they’re technically alt-country I have a soft spot for them.

o0-M00N_KriK-
37-0o

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

ALL I LISSEN TO IS ODB RECORDZ ALL DAY EVRYDAY fine upstanding member of society

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

Never heard of the Avett Brothers, I’ll check them out.

hay macks, have you finished downloading ‘Horses in the Sky’ yet? It’s really, really good.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

ALSO LUSTMORD PLEASE JOIN MY KLAN WE NEED A BLACK MEMBER OR JANET RENO WILL SHUT US DOWN

Agent_Orange

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I do not move out of the way

Well, most of the bands I enjoy, I figure most people know about anyways. The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Doobie Bros. etc.

However I recently, through a friend, discovered a band called Pentaphobe. Well not really a band, since it’s only one dude, but he plays this electronic… ‘ambience’ music. I don’t know how else to describe it, but yeah. It’s cool, because there is this one song that sounds like creepy fairground music, and it made me FEEL like I was at an old run-down fairground. I may have also been on something at the time, I’m not sure.

Biff Weasley

Avatar: 2174 Wed Nov 05 00:04:24 -0500 2008

Level 19 Troll

bumhead

I like the virtuoso guitar stylings of Ira.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

Agent_Orange Posted:

However I recently, through a friend, discovered a band called Pentaphobe. Well not really a band, since it’s only one dude, but he plays this electronic… ‘ambience’ music. I don’t know how else to describe it, but yeah. It’s cool, because there is this one song that sounds like creepy fairground music, and it made me FEEL like I was at an old run-down fairground. I may have also been on something at the time, I’m not sure.

Holy ****. This band is awesome.

How did I not know about them. D:

Agent_Orange

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I do not move out of the way

n00beast Posted:

I like the virtuoso guitar stylings of Ira.

I laughed. I couldn’t help myself, it just slipped out.

nanafabulous personjesus Posted:

Holy ****. This band is awesome.

How did I not know about them. D:

It’s because you’re not cool enough. But seriously, I didn’t know about them until a few weeks ago. I wasn’t expecting much, to be honest, then the music starts, and it goes for a while and then the song ends, no lyrics, and I’m just sitting here amazed. So I asked my musical contact if all of the songs were like this, and indeed they were. I’m torn between my cheapness and my desire to shell out ~$15 for Sawdust Log in to see images!

Flava Flav

Level 10 Troll

Yeah Boyeee!

I listen to Electronic Supersonic all day long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91GXpXidNNw

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

Agent_Orange Posted:

It’s because you’re not cool enough. But seriously, I didn’t know about them until a few weeks ago. I wasn’t expecting much, to be honest, then the music starts, and it goes for a while and then the song ends, no lyrics, and I’m just sitting here amazed. So I asked my musical contact if all of the songs were like this, and indeed they were. I’m torn between my cheapness and my desire to shell out ~$15 for Sawdust Log in to see images!

Yeah, I was looking to download it, but it’s conspicuously missing. :|

Oh god I think I may actually have to spend REAL LIVE MONEY on this album.

oh god im going to have to get a job D:

Midget MILF pr0n ftw Posted:

I listen to Electronic Supersonic all day long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91GXpXidNNw

I HAVE SEEN THE FUTURE

AND OH GOD IT IS MAGNIFICENT

IWILL****ONY-
OU

[EPICLULS]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I DANCE TO ENYA!!!!1

Tila_Tequila

Level 17 Camwhore

“Attention Slut”

GAH, BORIS ****S!

No, seriously, listen to them.

Oh right, I should explain why. They somehow manage to make good music despite being Japanese. Their earlier stuff is drone doom, now they make stoner rock/metal.

Tila_Tequila edited this message on 03/22/2008 6:01AM

DrPhillysBlu-
nt

Level 7 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Skankin Pickle…good ol fashioned ska right as punk was dying (mid 90s)

PollyAmorist

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

I think the best current punk band is the Red Dons from Portland, OR. I’ve never had the good fortune of seeing them live (I’ve heard they’re fantastic), but they have members from the Observers and the Clorox Girls.

I love their album so much that I contemplate writing an amateur review, even though I have nobody to send it to. Basically, they have a surf punk sound, but it’s a little bit of a darker sound, as opposed to upbeat and poppy. Autobiographical lyrics, sung very sincerely… the right back up vocals at just the right times. Other reviews I’ve read compare the guitar to that of the Rezillos, I’d agree. I’d say that Death to Idealism is the best punk record released in the past few years.

That was my 15 minutes of girly dorkdom. Log in to see images!

vickle

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 22 Emo Kid

You're still pretty and I am still choked up

I recently came across a band called Tegan & Sara.

I think they’re quite good.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

Tila_Tequila Posted:

GAH, BORIS ****S!

No, seriously, listen to them.

Oh right, I should explain why. They somehow manage to make good music despite being Japanese. Their earlier stuff is drone doom, now they make stoner rock/metal.

Oh man, Boris kicks bum. Pink FTW.

I’ll have to check out some of these ska/punk bands you guys are talking about. I used to be really into punk, but the only punk band I still like is Crbum.

1980’s anarcho-punk? **** YEAH.

[PFE]

Level 21 Troll

Mad Scientist-in-Training

Lately, I’ve been mostly listening to Silversun Pickups, Paramore, Shiny Toy Guns, and Garbage (though they’re not that new…Log in to see images!

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Qunte69

Level 8 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

I’ve been following Kickstart Dildo around their tour of South Carolina. They are the second coming of Nirvana.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!