Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Movies Alice in Wonderland... Tim Burton Style

phantom_glee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Seriously, how good does this look?

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2009-06-21-alice-in-wonderland_N.htm

And the cast!! – Johnny Depp, Alan Rickman, Christopher Lee… Only missing Simon Pegg in trite comedic role.

phantom_glee edited this message on 06/23/2009 3:29AM

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

Remaking clbumics makes me nervous, and Disney’s Alice is one of my favorite movies ever. I wasn’t terribly fond of what he did with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but I am definitely keeping an open mind and I’m excited about the cast.

Advocacy Can-
ine

Avatar: 184251 Sun Jun 07 09:17:23 -0400 2009

Level 14 Permanoob

“/b/tard ”

You best be trollin’

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Burton+ (anything)= win

Burton + Depp= MEGA WIN

OMG I am excited. Thanks for the heads up! Log in to see images!

BTW all you people who were in love w/the Disney version of Alice, the Lewis Carroll books weren’t always so cutesy and nice. They were a bit more twisted than what Disney put out, and I anticipate seeing Burton bring that side of the story to life. How cool.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Not to mention that Disney also folded in through the looking glbum and tacked on that lame ‘it was all a dream’ cop-out ending.

Not that Burton isn’t likely to do the same thing.

However, the Disney version makes up for it with their thoroughly awesome rendition of The Walrus and The Carpenter

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

Fingerz Posted:

BTW all you people who were in love w/the Disney version of Alice, the Lewis Carroll books weren’t always so cutesy and nice. They were a bit more twisted than what Disney put out, and I anticipate seeing Burton bring that side of the story to life. How cool.

Looking forward to creepy pig baby thing.

Since Disney compressed the two books into one and cut out so much, I don’t think Burton’s version should be compared. I didn’t like Charlie either, but I can look forward to this.

Reinterpreting a book isn’t a problem. Johnny Depp trying to follow Gene Wilder and the clbumic status of the original is.

Wpeach

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

I’d definitely hit it, but I’m afraid Burton’s been losing his touch lately. Too much money?

Still, I’m looking forward to 9 (coming out 9.9.2009! :3 )

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Oh I love those Alice stories. The Disney film is ok, but the cartoon series was a bit weirder. Anyway, this is a very good video with trippy electronic music (feat. Kittiejenn).

The artworks are so beautiful, can’t wait for March 2010!

GadgetArcrep

Avatar: 79210 Tue Nov 18 18:12:30 -0500 2008

Level 30 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

I’m Intrigued, It seeems like it would Work, I Enjoy a twisted remake sometimes, but I still looked away from the Violet scene from Charlie and the chocolate factory, as I always did.

>> gah.

Advocacy Can-
ine

Level 14 Permanoob

“/b/tard ”

GadgetArcrep Posted:

I Enjoy a twisted remake sometimes

Then get David Fincher…****.

Seriously what the ****. Tim. ****ing. Burton. Do you forget what he did to Batman? He did one good film (edward scissorhands) then his mom got scared, and said, “You’re movin’ with your Helena Botham-Carter and Johnny Depp in another awful movie.

Depp…he’s still pretty mammary glands. I luuuuurve me some What’s Eating Gilbert Grape. HB-C can also ride me any day of the week but Burton…no…no this is wrong.

Still I love all you guys and your perfectly entitled to your opinion Log in to see images!

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Advocacy Canine Posted:

Then get David Fincher…****.

Seriously what the ****. Tim. ****ing. Burton. Do you forget what he did to Batman? He did one good film (edward scissorhands) then his mom got scared, and said, “You’re movin’ with your Helena Botham-Carter and Johnny Depp in another awful movie.

Depp…he’s still pretty mammary glands. I luuuuurve me some What’s Eating Gilbert Grape. HB-C can also ride me any day of the week but Burton…no…no this is wrong.

Still I love all you guys and your perfectly entitled to your opinion Log in to see images!

I respectfully choose to disagree with your obviously uneducated opinion of Tim Burton’s work.

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

I was totally excited for this movie, until I saw what Johnny Depp looks like.

Not trolling, that’s srsly how he’s gonna be.

Nailbomb

Avatar: 136542 Sun Apr 12 01:12:37 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 69 Troll

the guy that rolled around in **** the most

I’ll prolly go see it, but really i havn’t been that impressed with most of burtons work or Depp. They have thier moments though, hopefully this will be one.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Personally I’m more looking forward to the movie interpretation of American McGee’s Alice.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0466663/

Advocacy Can-
ine

Level 14 Permanoob

“/b/tard ”

Fingerz Posted:

I respectfully choose to disagree with your obviously uneducated opinion of Tim Burton’s work.

And thats just great Log in to see images! isn’t this a great world we live in guys! One where we can all share opinions on the internet and not rage about it! Come one lets all join e-hands for a good sing song!

Dunatis Posted:

Personally I’m more looking forward to the movie interpretation of American McGee’s Alice.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt046666 /

Yes. Yes. Just yes.

FARTFACE-enjoy

Level 23 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

this movie is gonna be rediculously terrible. johnny depp looks like elijah wood or whatever his hobbit bum is named. im looking forward to malice in sinderland, (and english film) and phantasmagoria: the visions of lewis carrol directed by marilyn manson. those are gonna be alice movies worth watching.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

oh no alice is 17 years old in this movie

there better be a nude scene

Inertia edited this message on 07/10/2009 6:51AM

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Aldo_Anything Posted:

Oh I love those Alice stories. The Disney film is ok, but the cartoon series was a bit weirder. Anyway, this is a very good video with trippy electronic music (feat. Kittiejenn).

The artworks are so beautiful, can’t wait for March 2010!

nice, that song has gotten me though many a “trip though the looking glbum” if you get my meaning Log in to see images!

X - x

[WeChall]

Level 22 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

I’ll probably see it, this looks like it might be a truer interpretation of Caroll’s work

Oh, and Remember what the Doormouse said…

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!