Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Flezz Endgame Flezz Sinks!

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

Samildanach Posted:

Except in your approach, by definition, the peen goes to 365 people a year. That’s a bit too far in the other direction, I think. I think there’s something to be said for retiring leaderboard hogs, but every 24 hours is definitely too fast.

*Shrugs* Like you say, it’s only an idea. If you can refine it further, please do. Log in to see images!

spartadude

[Troll-o-bots]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Maybe Buyable BP

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

spartadude Posted:

Maybe Buyable BP

I’m bumuming that you mean ‘buy with flezz’; we can already ‘buy’ BP.

There was a response to that very question earlier in the thread.

EVECHARM

Avatar: 114577 Tue Feb 17 05:11:14 -0500 2009

[pizza party]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

ya no one would really pay rl money for bp if you could do it with flezz anytime you want. I rather see et auction off some free emotes or filters or something like he does with headsets. To keep headsets rare at least and have other sinks around people would buy.

Fie

Avatar: 152207 2011-11-01 00:46:41 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 47 Camwhore

I want to see some real, live poop.

EVECHARM Posted:

ya no one would really pay rl money for bp if you could do it with flezz anytime you want. I rather see et auction off some free emotes or filters or something like he does with headsets. To keep headsets rare at least and have other sinks around people would buy.

The only problem with auctioning off emotes and filters as well as creating new in-game uses of flezz is this: you are sitting on top of the flezz leaderboard, are you willing to give your hard-earned spot up for an emote or a filter, for a reset peen or some other vanity anybody, or even just a limited few, can reasonably get? One is unique, the others aren’t, the answer is p simple in my opinion. Leader boards represent a pinnacle of achievement in the game and the alternatives have to offer a similar enticement.

EVECHARM

Avatar: 114577 Tue Feb 17 05:11:14 -0500 2009

[pizza party]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

I’m talking more of getting rid of flezz from the economy rather then lets kick everyone off the leaderboard. heck even going down to sell bp or a special item still won’t get someone to spend all their money if they don’t want to cause they want to stay on top.

you don’t really see the people on top complaining they have all this flezz and nothing you spend it, it’s just people that are kinda close just whining because they want the peen to. not everyone can top a leaderboard.

Fie

Avatar: 152207 2011-11-01 00:46:41 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 47 Camwhore

I want to see some real, live poop.

As far as things to do with flezz— I agree completely. I was more addressing OP’s reference to Jayz.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Honestly I doubt he’d care about a flezz sink, then again I’m surprised that anyone spends enough time to maintain shops in Kyoubai although I don’t have any scripts so safe to say that makes things easier. So who knows why people do what they do.

Anywho, I mostly brought it up since it was brought up before and not that the economy allows for people with 1000x the flezz maybe there’s a bit more reason to have a sink. I know I have several alts nearing 10 million flezz and once I get the Klan peen for flezz I wouldn’t mind screwing around with a bit of it.

guest42

[Bargain Drug Wareh-
ouse
]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

EVECHARM Posted:

you don’t really see the people on top complaining they have all this flezz and nothing you spend it, it’s just people that are kinda close just whining because they want the peen to. not everyone can top a leaderboard.

We have all this Flezz and nothing to spend it on.

There, it’s been said. We might ‘only’ be second on the Flezz leaderboard, but we would buy things if there was anything to buy. We got our ePeen, we don’t need the ridiculously excessive amount of Flezz we’re holding on to.

But, just throwing up a wireless headset isn’t going to do it for us. Aside from the fact that people pull Flezz out of nowhere when they become available, the +10 or so Offense over the Master Ball, on our crappy, crappy Permanoob attacks isn’t really worth the  100,000,000 it seems to go for (not to mention the potential repair costs from our equipment destroyingly slow pwning).

But we’re unlikely to buy anything non-permanent with our Flezz. We aren’t really paying enough attention to spend anything on something that’s going to expire. If we could pay other people Flezz, we might drop down a bit getting a few things done, but that would shatter the fragile semblance of an economy, so we know that’s not going to happen.

The vanity ideas are good ones, though. We probably wouldn’t buy them, not due to wanting to stay ‘on top’, but just due to apathy. Some people would, though.

nicksdrago0

Level 28 Hacker

“1337”

CrinkzPipe Posted:

HAs been said it’s almost impossible due to the amount of data that has to be changed and would strain the hell outta servers.

actually, all it would take is the info of the items and flezz before resets, and nothing else. if anything, it would take up LESS memory than making a new alt, which requires making data for e-peens, klans, domination medals, scoops, the whole shizzbang. i do agree with you mind that coding it would be hard, but a man can dream right?

Dunatis

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

It would be nice to have a second chance to shift one’s alignment around even if we’d have to go through everything again, and pick up a few of those peens that are one shot and would affect your alignment. Can’t exactly be a big fat meanie pants face and an angel at the same time. Then again, that’s a choice you have to make. I know I would do it but I’m a vicious peen whore/completion fanatic and want the furthest extremes of alignment possible.

Edit – Also it could be fun to have contests to see who could beat the game in the fewest amount of visits possible, or the fewest days. I was considering making such a challenge except that it would cost people 3BP just to enter. I think that kind of metagaming would be interesting, but not if we have to pay for every entry only to never use that alt again, which would take up more space than a reset.

Dunatis edited this message on 05/27/2009 4:24PM

nicksdrago0

Level 28 Hacker

“1337”

i like the idea of a speedrun, but it would be too heavily influnced on:

clbum selection. from what ive heard, hackers are fairly weak compared to other clbumes.

luck. in both deliverys and moar.file finding, in which both can easily take off a day or two of the speedrun, with good delivery being a huge flezz hit, and luck with moar files can lead to collecting some devesating ones.

friends. ive already got 1 or 2 fairly good items from friends for cheap off auction, and the idea of being able to zip though with the help of friends can be annoying.

Dunatis

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

I’d say obviously Kyoubai would be off limits which would lead to Luck being the biggest thing. Obviously clbumes would have to be considered separately and a big question would be how much money to spend on consumables and exactly how many threads one can pwn for when it’s variable and manipulating that luck a bit too. Also which forums to pwn if you need that one extra level. Yes Luck comes into play but in theory a level 1 re-re with no equipment can beat Cosplay Central if the forum misses 100% of its attacks, it’s all about playing the odds.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!