Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Web Games Why so much focus on Camwhores/Emo Kids?

Cydrius

Level 37 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

I’m wondering:

Looking at the items as of yet made in itembuildr:

3 are geared towards Camwhores (Tape, Gaydar, one in creation as of this posting.)

3 are geared towards Emo Kids: (Dead GF Tattoo, Soul Piercing, Stigmata.)

One is geared towards Camwhores and Trolls.

Why is it that Hackers haven’t gotten anything else, and Trolls only so little?

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Cydrius Posted:

I’m wondering:

Looking at the items as of yet made in itembuildr:

3 are geared towards Camwhores (Tape, Gaydar, one in creation as of this posting.)

3 are geared towards Emo Kids: (Dead GF Tattoo, Soul Piercing, Stigmata.)

One is geared towards Camwhores and Trolls.

Why is it that Hackers haven’t gotten anything else, and Trolls only so little?

Itembuildr is random, ET is only there to make the code work, the code makes up a random item with random stats. Plus Itembuildr is still new! Give it time, give ET time to work out the kinks, right now I’m much more worried about the priceing it’s doing, and the downvoteing situation for pictures. I would love to see some hacker items, but hopefully the Dragon Balls will hold people to it until their clbum specific items come out?

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Well, strictly speaking, the glbumes are as much a Hacker item as they are a Troll item. Glbumes are just pretty much “non-emo” items, which is sort of weird when you think about it.

Pluvius

Avatar: 10089 2010-01-24 16:29:03 -0500

[ClansRGay]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Piercings again? OK, guys, this is getting a bit ridiculous now.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Pluvius Posted:

Piercings again? OK, guys, this is getting a bit ridiculous now.

This.

Fix your code ET. Log in to see images!

Possibly a C-
abbage

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

I like to look at the bright side here. I told myself: “Self, I’m going to buy every itembuildr item that I can equip.” So far… I’m up to 3/7.

Cydrius

Level 37 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

See what I meant? There’s exactly one item right now that’s actually profitable for more than Emo Kids and Camwhores. I mean sure, Hackers technically can equip the glbumes, but they’re still axed towards Camwhores, with the sexiness and what not.

My point is, while it’s possible that luck hasn’t been much on the Hacker or Troll side, it seems odd that all that comes up is Piercings and Lingerie.

Cydrius edited this message on 03/26/2009 9:07PM

guest42

[Bargain Drug Wareh-
ouse
]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

To be fair, Hackers and Trolls only have one equipment type (Hardware and Fetishes), while Emos and Camwhores have two (Piercings & Tattoos and Shoes and Lingerie), with Glbumes basically having become the anti-Emo Kid gear, so Emos and Camwhores should get twice as many items out of itembuildr than Hackers and Trolls, just by pure random chance.

But, it is more than that so far, but we haven’t really had time to get past random chance, bumuming it is purely random.

Possibly a C-
abbage

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

I do think that some sort of queue should be put into place to bias against item types that have been recently created (For example: if the RNG selects itembuildr to create an type of item that was in one of the last 4 itembuildr rounds, it flips a coin and on heads it will reroll the item type, there are no further rerolls.)

I think this would be a good idea, not out of “whining that I haven’t gotten enough things for my clbum” but for the simple reason that “people are going to run out of funny ideas for piercings if you make three different ones in a week”, a fact that is fairly evident when you look at this round of submissions.

Pluvius

Avatar: 10089 2010-01-24 16:29:03 -0500

[ClansRGay]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

People also seem to be voting down the good resubmissions because they’ve seen them already, which further weakens the pool.

Possibly a C-
abbage

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Well, at least this round’s item is awesome:

I’m going to buy 2!

Meepo

Avatar: 141135 Sat Mar 21 23:56:41 -0400 2009

Level 21 Hacker

The Original Meeper

Doesn’t it seem a little weird that there are no Hacker-specific glbumes, even though glbumes are what you’d expect a computer nerd to wear?

WHO IS THE ONLY ONE WEARING GLbumES HERE?! WHO? WHOOO!?

1338h4x

Avatar: 22473 Sat Nov 29 21:01:08 -0500 2008

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

7 Vibrating Doldoes was never a meme

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

I do think that some sort of queue should be put into place to bias against item types that have been recently created (For example: if the RNG selects itembuildr to create an type of item that was in one of the last 4 itembuildr rounds, it flips a coin and on heads it will reroll the item type, there are no further rerolls.)

I think this would be a good idea, not out of “whining that I haven’t gotten enough things for my clbum” but for the simple reason that “people are going to run out of funny ideas for piercings if you make three different ones in a week”, a fact that is fairly evident when you look at this round of submissions.

This by far. Or anything to try and keep things even so that every slot gets a fair number of items.

Dezz

Level 21 Emo Kid

“Moan-a Lisa”

Something to notice: Out of 10 itembuildr items, counting those in development, Exactly one gives neither tears nor sexiness. That one advantages every clbum. I really think there’s a problem with how the items are randomized.

Preachieved

Level 27 Hacker

“1337”

i demand more love for hackers

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

We’re at 11 items at the moment (2 in development)

5 give sexiness,

4 give tears,

2 give douchebaggery,

0 give PP

Hackers can equip 4 out of the 11 items, there being better alternatives to 3 of these 4.\

Not a single item is geared to hackers.

Not going to turn this thread into a whining contest that hackers have gotten robbed, but keep in mind, hackers only have 1 equipment store, and the best hacker-designed item available to us gives us +15 offense.

Seriously, implement some hacker-friendly items.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Guys, stop being so impatient, they will come, complaining about it won’t make them come any faster I feel like I’m reading a thread placed in Whiny ****es tbh.

andrewp182

Avatar: 117622 2015-02-10 15:53:37 -0500

Level 35 Hacker

handi-capable

MeatLoafFan Posted:

We’re at 11 items at the moment (2 in development)

5 give sexiness,

4 give tears,

2 give douchebaggery,

0 give PP

Hackers can equip 4 out of the 11 items, there being better alternatives to 3 of these 4.\

Not a single item is geared to hackers.

Not going to turn this thread into a whining contest that hackers have gotten robbed, but keep in mind, hackers only have 1 equipment store, and the best hacker-designed item available to us gives us +15 offense.

Seriously, implement some hacker-friendly items.

My thoughts precisely.

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

UPDATE: Another Troll Item.

Possibly a C-
abbage

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

MeatLoafFan Posted:

UPDATE: Another Troll Item.

At least it’s not a kind of item we’ve had before, that’s got to be worth something. Prior to today we’ve had at least one of all types of equippable items except fetishes and hardware (also except different kinds of .moars, but .moars won’t be appearing in itembuildr anymore).

So to the extent that “it’s good to cover everything” it’s good to have a fetish.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!