Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Flezz FBO <potential spoilers>

Shagmaster 69

[Queue Clucks]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Okay, I just had to get this out there: does anyone else feel like they want to puke when reading trying to read FBO-related messages/tubmail?

VIVa-ChiCk

Level 14 Troll

aka FireFury

No, why?

Larkke

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Annoyed, yes. Nauseous, no.

finale

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I actually do feel an odd pressure in my head when reading it, yes. Normal leetspeak is at least kinda internally consistent, but reading FBO, I have to switch gears so much that I do feel a little sick.

LolWhut

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

I don’t know, I kind of like how it reads like a bad parody of a bad english speaker.

Ja, postem disgutingpiks brotha (no homo)

SuperMo0

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I think the biggest problem with the overuse of leetspeak in any context is that it’s become such an easy barb at people who are morons that they use leetspeak that the parodic overuse of leetspeak is itself cliched and moronic.

Am I making any sense or should I stop giving MYSELF a headache?

finale

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

No, you’re absolutely right. This overuse of irony is actually what makes lots of internet communities and such so problematic-they’re a little too self aware.

Starfang_42

[Random Insanity]

Level 30 Troll

The **** of the Trollhole

I had no trouble reading the inital IM conversation, but that’s all I’ve seen so far.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!