Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Whores Offense or defense?

Alvis666

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

i am stuck at the Furry Farm. Until now, life^H^HGame was easy. Money, Power, Forums. No more now.

At Level 7, my offense is 5 and my defense is 6. At the Furry Farm (and RP Genius) Attacks takes about 40 of my Ego Points. So even “pump me up” is of no great use. Others in the forum here are telling that the really important thing

is offense. But two hits take all my ego points and i need much of the +100 Egobooster, which are really expensive.

So i think that for the next level i’ll have to invest everything in Defense. How can you fight with a small number in Defense? I don’t understand that.

Rasta-Theclo-
wn

Level 31 Emo Kid

I waste brownie points on anything that moves

For emo kids, offense is always the best. Emo kids are really quiet egotistical, ironically enough, and hitting us just makes us stronger…
In your case however, I might seriously suggest taking a few days away from the tougher forums and trolling about the weaklings, building up cash from gifts, dropping off XSS and FBO code, and generally getting an epic stockpile of drugs. You camwhores get a hell of a lot of charisma, don’t you? Might be able to earn yourself some really shiny bits to sell. You might get a few more levels in as well.
Oh, and even if you don’t need the cash, you can earn some really neat things by dropping off XSS..
Rasta-Theclown edited this message on 03/02/2008 6:50PM

Muffkin

[Noblesse Oblige]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

why is defense not as good for emo kids? it seems to me that stockpiling a bunch of it and riding on misses about two hits from defeat while whining away would make for a good strategy. Like the other clbumes, it seems like it would let you use the lesser ego boosters farther into the game to maintain your ego level at just above ‘oh shi-’ levels.

Rasta-Theclo-
wn

Level 31 Emo Kid

I waste brownie points on anything that moves

Muffkin Posted:

why is defense not as good for emo kids? it seems to me that stockpiling a bunch of it and riding on misses about two hits from defeat while whining away would make for a good strategy. Like the other clbumes, it seems like it would let you use the lesser ego boosters farther into the game to maintain your ego level at just above ‘oh shi-’ levels.

I suppose it’s my specific playstyle. I don’t bother with weakling healers. I go to until I’m literally one attack away from the reaper, then pop a Smileprin XR. Seems logical to me; I don’t get as many epic hits in, but I don’t have to spend every 3rd turn pill popping either.

Bread Baron

[Facepunch]

Level 14 Troll

I SUPPORT THE bumRAPE

“At Level 7, my offense is 5 and my defense is 6.”

That’s where you’re going wrong. Just train for a while, get useless junk, sell it and buy new equipment.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

I run a bit more offense than defense. Something like 7 points offense, 4 points defense – the best defense is a good offense.

Alvis666

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

PIMPTASTIC-FROTH Posted:

I run a bit more offense than defense. Something like 7 points offense, 4 points defense – the best defense is a good offense.

Sorry, i still don’t get it. With 4 defense you’ll get at least -50 Egopoints per turn in RP Genius. Pwnage is over 200, so it is impossible to pwn it in one turn. You’ll need at least 4 turns, which sums up to 2 smileprins+100 per turn. That’s expensive…

Cyberface207

[Fruit ****ers]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I think the more hardcore you want to play an Emo Kid (the closer to death you intend to hover) the more you should focus on defense rather than offense to prevent yourself being one-shotted unexpectedly. It kinda balances out, though.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Alvis666 Posted:

Sorry, i still don’t get it. With 4 defense you’ll get at least -50 Egopoints per turn in RP Genius. Pwnage is over 200, so it is impossible to pwn it in one turn. You’ll need at least 4 turns, which sums up to 2 smileprins+100 per turn. That’s expensive…

Well, I’m talking NATURAL defense. It’s more like 5-6 with equipment on.

Also, I have 250 ego, and that’s without a computer (I do have the fragginritez mouse, though). I can pwn all but the last forum without using consumables.

Alvis666

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

PIMPTASTIC-FROTH Posted:

Well, I’m talking NATURAL defense. It’s more like 5-6 with equipment on.

Got it now. Having an ego/sex of e.g. 150 means not only to be able to recharge that far. At first it means to have 150 points to start a battle without to have to pay for it.

I tried the Nuclear Forum at first with 6-defense for one round without consumables and it worked well.

After then, i called Haxlrose, got about 2 points offense more and now only 5 defense and pwned the last Forum.

6-defense feeled better and 5-defense is much more expensive. But i don’t care, i am super rich now.

So, my advice to my all my ****es: Take defense.

Alvis666 edited this message on 03/06/2008 4:33PM

Scyld

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Cyberface207 Posted:

I think the more hardcore you want to play an Emo Kid (the closer to death you intend to hover) the more you should focus on defense rather than offense to prevent yourself being one-shotted unexpectedly. It kinda balances out, though.

I disagree, actually. What you really want is a huge ego so that you’re able to get a substantial number of attacks out while your ego is sitting at a low percent without having to worry about getting one-shotted.

On the other hand, because you’re only able to do a finite number of attacks while you’re at low ego before you are forced to bring it back up in order to survive, you want those big attacks to be very high damage, and you want them to benefit the most from the low ego multiplier. That’s why it’s best to stack offense as an emo.

So emos should stack ego in order to be able to stay at a low percentage of ego for a while, and they want to stack offense to make those glorious Log in to see images! moments hit harder.

Defense is for the Trolls, who are, relatively speaking, the “tanks” of ForumWarz- lots of low power attacks and lots of defense to slowly wear down the threads they attack while having no healing abilities aside from pillz. They don’t have the huge miasma-surfeited attacks of a depressed EmoKid or the incredible moneyshots of a prettied-up Camwhore.

Now as for the Camwhores, I honestly don’t know, but I’m guessing that they should focus more on Offense due to Threaten to Contact Authorities, which has the best Offense/damage ratio of any ability in the game. Maybe not focus so much as Emos, but I don’t know. They certainly need more Sexiness at the sacrifice of Ego than Emos do (at the cost of Tears, duh), so that might make it more worth their while to have some Defense.

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

Hello Kitty Underwear Aficionado

Also factor in your clbum specific gear as well. Emo kids get a nice tattoo with + offense so I put some of my points into defense.

jpsteel edited this message on 03/06/2008 4:51PM

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Defense is usually the better bet. Outlast rather than hitting hard. Remember. you’re not getting killed, you’re getting MAD.

Balloon edited this message on 03/06/2008 6:41PM

pOOpey

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

How does the f*&ng Offense and Defense # modify the damage! Log in to see images!

I keep trying to figgure it out, but Log in to see images!

I guess this is a question for you, mister n00b65. Plz plz gimme a hint? I’ll show you my Log in to see images!

OO

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

Hello Kitty Underwear Aficionado

Uhhh… attack modifies the damage you make and defense modifies the damage you take Log in to see images!

Also, an adverb modifies a verb Log in to see images!

Thunder Scro-
tum

[Disco Galactica]

Level 19 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

Rasta-Theclown Posted:

In your case however, I might seriously suggest taking a few days away from the tougher forums and trolling about the weaklings, building up cash from gifts, dropping off XSS and FBO code, and generally getting an epic stockpile of drugs.

This is the universal strat for anyone anywhere.

Basically because it is little more than the mother of all strategies; that is to say “MOAR IS BETTER”.

pOOpey

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

jpsteel Posted:

what he just said

Yes Log in to see images!?

Does damage = attack+offense or attack+offense*level or offense=MC^2 or wut?

/Edit/ Out-of-place role play deleted!

OO

pOOpey edited this message on 03/07/2008 2:18AM

Cherrypie

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Too bad you can’t re-XSS a forum you already XSS’d. That’d be the motherload >.> <.<

Skyreal

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

Cherrypie Posted:

Too bad you can’t re-XSS a forum you already XSS’d. That’d be the motherload >.> <.<

Here, maybe it’ll help if you think of it this way. You XSS the forum once and get a giant lump sum for your hard work, instead of having to pwn it every week and getting a piddling sum that only starts adding up after half a dozen weeks. Log in to see images!

EDIT: lol I thought I replied to this thread. I just realized I didn’t. So here’s my opinion: offense or defense…?

Offense – for faster pwning of threads. Great for blitzing through easier forums.

Defense – for longer, more drawn-out battles. This is mostly because in longer battles you spend more time healing and using items, and that means you are getting hit more than you are hitting the enemy. Definitely the choice for challenging forums that are supposed to be difficult.

In short, offense for easy forums, defense for hard ones. Log in to see images! Skyreal edited this message on 03/07/2008 12:21PM

Bently Bear

[ Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Damn this **** is annoying…Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!