Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature Idea for forumbuildr 2.0 beta

1point618

Level 9 Troll

Svunty Doucherag bum Licking Herp Monster!

So, I have an idea for forumbuildr 2.0 beta. Right now, if you submit an idea early on, before a lot of other people have submitted, then you’re likely to get a lot of upvotes. However, once time goes on, you get more downvotes than before because more people have submitted an idea in that same category, and want to downvote all other ideas. See “the prisoners’ dilemma.” Anyhoo, I’ve just had an idea about how to fix this: before you submit an idea in a certain subcategory (angry rants, forum ideas, etc), you’re allowed to upvote or downvote as you please; however, if you submit an idea in a category, all your downvotes cease to count, and you’re no long allowed to downvote, only upvote or “mark read”/”neutral vote”. Neutral votes would not count either way, they’d just be a way for you to mark as read an idea that you’d read through. This would stop bumholes (like me) from downvoting anything that isn’t theirs while, at the same time, letting them upvote those ideas they still think are great.

Hopefully a mod reads this and doesn’t think it’s too ****ing horrible of an idea. Also, I hope that I’ve put this in the right place, if not please move it and school me for being an idiot.

kthxbai

lulz56

[The Knights of LOL]

Level 21 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Something needs to be done.

At least make a downvote all bumon. That would save me alot of time.

Zaratustra

[Mad Gear]

Level 19 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

How about limiting the downvotes people have each day or week? To zero, as a personal suggestion?

1point618

Level 9 Troll

Svunty Doucherag bum Licking Herp Monster!

Eh, I’m fine with the idea of allowing downvote; it will weed out the really crappy submissions, or those that get upvoted a bunch by a klan but kind of suck. It’s more the “I’ll downvote everything that isn’t mine” that I loath, mostly because people downvote more and more as time goes on because more and more people have submitted something and thus don’t want to upvote anything.

Zaratustra

[Mad Gear]

Level 19 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

I don’t think this method is weeding out the crappy submissions. I can say some of my -4s are more appropriate to the forum than some of my +4s. With the reward system added to the nature of Internet polls, the voting is as unbiased as Fox News.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!