Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 2 Okay, what gives, where's my pay?

volatus

Avatar: 80403 Sat Nov 01 01:34:28 -0400 2008

Level 25 Hacker

Quit stalking Oda and squawking like a pink monkey bird.

Alright, so the last forumbuildr build came and went today. I had 4 entries that were doing pretty well, +13 and +15 on one, and +17 on another character. Only the one single submission on my alt ended up getting paid.

I did a little research because, hell, I never could figure out how to determine the results of a forumbuildr submission… and guess what I came out with? No information, as usual. I couldn’t find any information in the wiki or on the forumbuildr page about how things are actually “qualified” to be part of the “built” forum. Sort of makes sense that anything above 1 (the default starting point) makes it in, but even that number is arbitrary and should be explained or defined somewhere.

So basically, two questions. First, what determines if your entry makes it in?

Second, if my entry made it in, where’s my  ? I really don’t care for the ****y amount of   it pays, but rather that the system is at least working properly…

And please, if there is an answer to my question about what qualifies an entry, could you PLEASE update the article on Forumbuildr? Log in to see images!

edit: I have got to get a new PS/2-USB adapter. Log in to see images! volatus edited this message on 12/14/2008 11:14PM

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

1. Did you actually check the forum page to see if you got things in? http://www.forumwarz.com/forum_buildr/view/151

2. Even if you had items on the first page of voting, sometimes they don’t make it due to forum size. SOme weeks you will see as few as 8 titles included, some weeks triple that. Depends on the forum.

Bigandtasty

Avatar: 67579 Sat Jan 17 15:30:20 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

volatus

Level 25 Hacker

scullyangel Posted:

1. Did you actually check the forum page to see if you got things in? http://www.forumwarz.com/forum_buildr/view/151

2. Even if you had items on the first page of voting, sometimes they don’t make it due to forum size. SOme weeks you will see as few as 8 titles included, some weeks triple that. Depends on the forum.

Alright, so that answers the second question… for some reason, only HALF of my planned submission actually made it in. The first half (of a cooperative reply/quoted-response) somehow didn’t make it in, even though it was voted high as well.

Wow, if forumbuildr isn’t a waste of time and creative energy, I don’t know what is. Now there’s only half the content in the forum and it doesn’t even make any sense. Forums are repetitive as it is, why is there a limit to the amount of accepted content? Log in to see images!

volatus

Level 25 Hacker

Bump.

Seriously, why did only the submission from the character that only submitted one entry (and had a buildr/er score of 0) get entered into the forum, and the other *four* submissions junked?

What criteria is it going on?

ShadyPixels

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

There were other submissions that got more votes than yours.

It’s seriously that simple.

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

ShadyPixels Posted:

There were other submissions that got more votes than yours.

It’s seriously that simple.

Right, but there’s no way to tell what the hell the other submissions are voted at at-a-glance, so how would you be able to tell what score yours needs to get in? That AND there were far too few submissions “accepted” on that forum anyway, and it’s repetitive as hell when there were clearly enough good submissions to make it relatively “unique”.

And actually, there were submissions that made it in later than mine, that weren’t voted as high, that made it in (like that crappy MSPaint’ed F-16 with the falcon on it and w/e, that’s not mine, and it wasn’t voted higher than mine…Log in to see images!

Call Me Diego

Avatar: 41721 2010-01-14 23:10:10 -0500

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

It is based on the votes. If you don’t want to believe it than there is nothing we can do for you.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Nobody has ever had this problem before.

I’m going to bet that the problem lies in your understanding rather than the system.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!