Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Web Games Better web spiders?

Snickkers

Avatar: 91933 Tue Jan 20 01:33:39 -0500 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

**** yes I support this!

Zeta

Avatar: 68174 Wed Oct 22 15:55:08 -0400 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 51 Troll

“eBaum”

shrtcat Posted:

You raise an interesting point. I agree with your three points(I really like the corrupted file idea a lot), but I never mentionned trading .moar parts. Without the trading, I don’t see why they would have to sell for more than 5 mil. flezz.

Anyways, it’s just an idea.

Well, I was bumuming that ET eventually implements the trading system. I’m not sure, there have been way too ****ing many GD topics about it, and I’m not 100% sure that it was confirmed, but if it is, the price would have to be high. Think about it, if you can save up your money for 2 weeks or so, you’d have 5 mill, if your luck and charisma are pretty average. So, 2 weeks of grinding for fleez, and then you can enjoy the trading system, as you can then make/bumemble any file you could possibly want.

It would be like somebody releasing a machine that will build you a rock-star/I-have-too-much-money mansion, and selling it for $5.00. There wouldn’t be a housing market. See where I’m going with this?

ET really has the final say on how this goes, though. If he decides to make it only 5 mill or so, then the market will adjust accordingly. If he decides to make it 20 mill, then the market might go in a different direction. My only wish is that when ET does whatever he’s going to do, he checks it ****ing 15 times to make sure it’s nice and balanced, so we don’t have to go through listening to a bunch of bumhurt. (See also: Hackers)

Doc_Holliday

Avatar: 85846 Fri Nov 21 20:09:23 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I'm your ****leberry.

The only problem with a spider that costs 20m would be the issue of it getting damaged. You’d have cases where you’d be going broke just maintaining the damned thing while streaking or dominating. You’d almost have to give the thing *mbumive* +Upkeep boosts as well.

This is why the audio/picture/movie/program-specific and double/triple yield spider is the best idea. Make the “targeted” ones cost 2.5m apiece, and the double/triple yield (meaning you get 2 and 3 random files per thread respectively – and yes duplicates should be possible) cost 5 and 7.5 respectively.

Again, posting it for this page, I’d also like to see a ”.moar store” that sells maybe 50 random files of increasing value each day as a way for less affluent players to have a chance of picking up a file they might need without having to drop multi-millions for new spiders.

Doc_Holliday edited this message on 12/07/2008 6:26PM

Zeta

Avatar: 68174 Wed Oct 22 15:55:08 -0400 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 51 Troll

“eBaum”

I tubmailed ET about this, and got a response.

original message:

1. Are new spiders planned for EP.3? Perhaps a spider shop?

2. Is the whole .moar trading system going to be taking place? As it is, I can’t be bumed to go search through the hundreds of bumhurt topics in GD.

3. If the idea I mentioned is acceptable, would it work to have it in as one of the spiders?

Thanks for reading, and please respond as your response will clear up some common questions/shut up many, many, MANY stupid ****ers.

Response:

1. I made the spiders an equippable item so that in the future you could get better ones. Not sure when it’ll happen, but there will definitely be new and better spiders available.

2. It’s on our list, yes. Unfortunately it requires a fair amount of work to implement so other things are going to happen first. But it is definitely coming.

3. I’m not crazy about the idea since it somewhat eliminates random drops, but in theory yes, it could be done as a particular spider.

——

I’m pretty sure this covers almost all questions related to .moar files and spiders, so this entire topic, basically. You people happy now?

shrtcat

Avatar: 79911 Sat Nov 15 22:45:44 -0500 2008

Level 25 Emo Kid

Posting from inside JB's bumhole

Zeta Posted:

I tubmailed ET about this, and got a response.

original message:

1. Are new spiders planned for EP.3? Perhaps a spider shop?

2. Is the whole .moar trading system going to be taking place? As it is, I can’t be bumed to go search through the hundreds of bumhurt topics in GD.

3. If the idea I mentioned is acceptable, would it work to have it in as one of the spiders?

Thanks for reading, and please respond as your response will clear up some common questions/shut up many, many, MANY stupid ****ers.

Response:

1. I made the spiders an equippable item so that in the future you could get better ones. Not sure when it’ll happen, but there will definitely be new and better spiders available.

2. It’s on our list, yes. Unfortunately it requires a fair amount of work to implement so other things are going to happen first. But it is definitely coming.

3. I’m not crazy about the idea since it somewhat eliminates random drops, but in theory yes, it could be done as a particular spider.

——

I’m pretty sure this covers almost all questions related to .moar files and spiders, so this entire topic, basically. You people happy now?

Calm down boy, it’s fun to have a positive conversation without trolls once in a while.

supniggz

[Eight Vibrating Di-
ldoes
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

KEYBOARD Posted:

9001% sppourt

fixd

CroMagnon

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

I suport this. Also… Maybe a Spider which alowes you to see the moar file you get from half threads in the forum, and if the file you want is not there, i might be in one of the ones you dont see, so you pwn it anyway, or you screw it and dont wast a forum visit…

But thats stupid, because then it would be the same files you got all the time.

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

Well since this has resurfaced, I suppose I’ll add my thoughts.

Concerning the “upkeep” of a spider that costs 1mil +, this is remedied by setting an actual “price” close to the current one’s and only releasing it via gifts/auction house. Which will likely be another case of the Wireless Headset, making the “price” skyrocket without the cost rising.

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

shrtcat Posted:

I remember thinking that when I first got the simple web spider, that I thought you could get a better version (the name kinda gives you the impression), and I was wondering if it would be a cool idea or not to have “better spiders”, that would cost more expensive, but could offer benefits, like for example, picking up two moar. files insted of one. Or picking up rarer files. OR a spider that only picked up the parts you were missing in order to complete the moar. file that is closest to completion (still following me?)

Anyways, discuss.

Great idea. I felt that putting the name as “simple” gave a hint to possibly having something better.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

I had an idea for how to implement MORE SPIDERZ.

It would be a new store. All the nonbasic spiders are VERY expensive and only the richest can have them. One, for instance, is called the sapper. Every time you beat a thread, not only do you get a piece, but you have a chance to get a Sap piece. Get ten and you can trade them in for a free forum visit.

Another is called the Tracker. You can select a piece for it to track and, if you are in a forum that provides that file, you will be far likelier to get that file.

Yet another is called the Sweeper. It gets 2 pieces for beating threads instead of one.

There would be many more. If you have enough money, you can buy upgraded versions. Every spider type comes in Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. A Platinum Sweeper, for instance, gets 5 pieces per thread.

Drakodan

Avatar: 57623 2010-05-29 20:03:09 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Surfing the Tubes

Absolutely. I’ve always thought something like this would help.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Other spider possibilities:

- Increase to Luck - Simple and easy as hell to implement. I can’t see any real reason not to.

- Decrease to Luck - Simple depending on what negative Luck does to drops

- When it rolls a piece that you have it rerolls for another but only does so once. If it ends up on a Piece you have you get NOTHING but you get double the chances at a piece you don’t have - Has a harsh drawback, but for those just trying to get 1 of an item it’s great. Not good for item grinding though. Can make other versions that reroll more times.

- Eliminates Drop Rates and makes all files equivalent in chance to find - Basically makes Luck useless, but Luck generally can make almost all files easier to find than this method if you know the drop stats. Only really good for extremely rare stuff.

- There is a CHANCE of multi-piece drops - Multiple pieces has already been mentioned, and likely CZ wants to keep floods of .moars which could easily happen with 2-5 drops per thread. All that really needs to be done here is to have multiple drop checks but also have a “no drop” possibility. Then you can have however many checks you want, possibly affected by Luck.

Pathogen

Avatar: 245391 2013-05-08 10:06:22 -0400

[The Last Stand]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

TOTAL agreement here, new web spiders would make the entire game so much more interesting, and would also add to the variety already available. 100% Support. ET, we can’t wait. Log in to see images!

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

Pathogen Posted:

TOTAL agreement here, new web spiders would make the entire game so much more interesting, and would also add to the variety already available. 100% Support. ET, we can’t wait. Log in to see images!

I’m sure everyone who was talking about this almost a year ago would agree with you.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

sdgrbbum09 Posted:

I’m sure everyone who was talking about this almost a year ago would agree with you.

I know that I do!

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

What’s a web spider?

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

I wish that shrtcat person would post again so I could ask him/her how he/she posts from inside JB’s bumhole.

preppy-bacon

Level 45 Hacker

“Backdoor Bob”

I know something similar had already been suggested, but how about these ideas:

1. Spider that has a rather low (5%~10%) chance of finding two .moar parts, but if it finds two, none of these are rare.

2. Spider with a chance (5% for each copy of this .moar part – 5% if you already have one, 10% if you have two, etc. up to 50%) to choose another part of this file at random (meaning we are very likely to get another part that we already have, but it’s still a second chance).

3. Spider that has a chance (25%~30%) of finding a low amount of flezz instead/in addition to .moar parts (whichever is more balanced).

4. Spider that has a chance (20%~25%) to give us a buff after each thread in addition, with buffs being clbum-specific.

5. Spider that only finds .moar parts of a file we chose (if it’s on this forum), but it has a chance (25%~50%) to “consume” one part of this file at random.

Also, when it comes to getting additional web spiders, I think that at least one should be sold in each chapter’s shop, and the rest would be obtainable from either Ppown Shoppe (at random), or quests given by a new sTalk contact through missions (it would be even better if web spider obtainable through quest was clbum-dependent, with missions varying for different clbumes).

preppy-bacon edited this message on 01/30/2011 8:29AM

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

oh look its this thread again

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!