Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Exactly how does the new E-peen system work?

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I realize that spading is part of the fun of the game, but if values are constantly shifting, as it has been implied, spading is basically impossible. I can run all the control characters I want and nothing will be learned unless every other character in the game sits quietly.

What I’m wondering is does every peen currently held by an active player have a value that is given a nightly percentage of the 13.0”?

OR

Does every peen have a base fixed value and then a sliding value based on the number of players who hold the peen?

OR

The Larch.

Xypher

Avatar: 43749 Wed Nov 12 09:54:31 -0500 2008

Level 36 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

I suspect that what ET is doing is to give all the peens a fixed value thus you might have a fixed value of 12.9. However this final value is adjusted according to the highest active player (currently PD).

Based on the “average” being 6 inches I’d suggest that he’s doing something where maximum deviation from the mean is 0 – 13”. PD has the highest true value (something like 15+ inches) but that is adjusted to 13” and everyone is adjusted accordingly.

I strongly suspect that most cred, most flezz and most forums pwned leaderboard peens are not as valuable as people would tend to think. Rather the uniques and forumbuildr ones tend to be significant more valuable.

I kinda doubt that each peen is adjusted according to how many people have it (rarity) which means that the current game of leaderboard hogging is somewhat dubious. While that could be done it would make for a very bulky formula and experience has taught me that et tends to prefer easier coding solutions.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!