Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Defense

TORNBUG

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

defense is additive as well. -5 defense from FBO makes forums hit me for about 3-4 more damage per hit (it’s hard to tell exactly due to the random nature of their attacks). However, as I’ve gone over in a different thread, as that difference applies to the entire forum things get wacky.

Say in a given forum each thread takes you 5 hits to kill. With more offense, it takes you 4 hits to kill. That means with lower offense you take 4 hits per thread, with higher offense you take 3 hits per thread. So, your offense alone is effectively reducing the damage you take to 75% of normal.

In a forum that does low damage, defense might take things to 50% of normal. If they’re doing 8/hit and your defense subtracts 4, they’re now doing 50% normal damage. Defense is better than offense there. However, if a forum is doing 24 damage a hit, and your defense knocks off the same 4, you’re taking 83% of normal damage.

EDIT: another odd occurrence is that since offense is additive, it has a greater effect on re-re attacks than any others.

TORNBUG edited this message on 11/13/2007 11:28AM

Seerow

[Elitist Superstruc-
ture
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

TORNBUG Posted:

EDIT: another odd occurrence is that since offense is additive, it has a greater effect on re-re attacks than any others.

I’ve noticed that as well. It’s a good deal of fun pwning forums with rere attacks and saving tons of money on douchebaggerie replenishers… but doesn’t really seem right.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!