Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Help Medical Advice Wanted

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

So I have had an ear infection for many months now, but I don’t have any insurance and I am poor. Can anyone suggest any home remedies that would relieve my pain?

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Not good. If it is an infection you can’t home remedy it away and you don’t want to leave it, because it could cause permanent damage to your hearing.

Check with your local hospital to see if there is a free clinic in your area. Otherwise, Tylenol tends to do the best for most people, reduced swelling and pain and doesn’t interact with most other things. Avoid aspirin if you are under 18 or have low blood pressure.

XO, feel better.

scully

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

There must be an ear-irrigation technique do-able from home.

But likely you’ll want to not eat for a few days and save for a clinic visit for some antibiotics. You don’t want to go deaf, now.

Janie

[SRSLY]

Level 25 Emo Kid

I... HAERT TEH FIREFOX TOO!

Eeek! Googling “ear infection home remedies” is scary! One thread says to put an onion in your ear!

There are a couple ideas that can’t hurt, though. One is to make like a microwave rice pack (a sock filled with rice and knotted). Heat it up in the microwave just until it’s warm and put it near where the pain is.

There are 3 kinds of infections. Inner or middle ear, to my understanding, are caused by blockage of fluid in the tubes in your ear.

An outer ear infection (like swimmer’s ear) is usually fungal. I’ve read that a vinegar solution might help that (and I don’t think it could hurt). I’ve had swimmer’s ear, and it hurts like hell.

I’m not a doctor, and don’t know anything about this stuff, but these are two suggestions (heat packs, a rinse with 50% vinegar/50% water) of things that can’t really endanger you, but might help.

Hope you feel better Log in to see images!

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

just cut it off and start painting pictures

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

if it wont go away, i really think you should find some way to get medical help for it.. steal someones bottle of penicillin, infections that wont go away need antibiotics

Travalgar

Avatar: 49870 Tue Oct 21 02:47:07 -0400 2008

Level 29 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

Dangerous indeed.

You should stay away from noisy areas for now.

And then start making inventions.

Antoids

Level 15 Camwhore

“Attention Slut”

You should stop putting bonanas in your ear.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!