Found errata on Forumwarz? Then you’re probably after the Ol’ Spread-Eagle Eyes E-Peen™.
Before you report it, there are things you should know.
– Anything in a community-built forum (i.e., Forumbuildr) or item (i.e., Itembuildr) doesn’t count. Unless there’s a badly formed madlib (which should’ve been voted out to begin with). That goes for the forum’s description, which we don’t write ourselves.
– Anything in blogs or on Flamebate doesn’t count. Basically, it’s got to be part of the game proper. Reporting an admin’s Flamebate typo might even get you banned.
– Anything posted in Spoilerpedia doesn’t count. Since it’s a wiki and anyone can edit it, you can simply fix it yourself!
– Inconsequential matters of style don’t count. People send in reports of “typos” when they’re really just flagging our use of casual English. This isn’t a textbook; it’s a satirical game about the internet.
– Pet annoyances, minor inconsistencies and other marginalia don’t count. This covers a lot of territory, and it’s a bit vague, but think before you report something: Is this really an issue? Or am I just trying to get an E-Peen™? For instance, yes, sometimes Bruce Bear types without a “lisp.” That’s because it would be impossible to read otherwise. And while we try to be consistent with our style and use of American English — reformed spelling, punctuation within the quotation marks and no Oxford commas — we might slip up once in a while. However, those instances are generally not worth reporting. This is a big site with lots of text, and even The New York Times has inconsistencies. We’re looking for major, obvious errors.
– Spelling errors within forums that are created by our Unintelligencer machine translation tool don’t count. If you see enemies say “teh,” those are most likely auto-generated typos.
Finally, there’s a good chance the typo you found is actually referring to an Internet meme, such as “become an hero” or “ORLY?” If you see something unusual that looks like a mistake, you may want to Google it or search the term in Urban Dictionary or Encyclopedia Dramatica before reporting it.
If you still believe you’ve found a valid typo, you may submit a bug report using the link below.