Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

Testudo

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I like this thread…

man-man Posted:

Conclusion: People generally have a very poor understanding of just how large a number 2147483647 is

—-> this, although I believe it’s possible…

@man-man:

please keep up your progress report on this thread. I definitely enjoyed them Log in to see images!

@****bumho:

I was impressed by your optimism. It’s a good thing, really. Keep up the spirit…

============================

Imho, if any of you really plan to do this, let’s hatch a good plan first.

For example, Firefox 3.6.*. If you use multi tabs+auto reload, it probably will probably crash in 30-120 minutes. The reason is simple, Firefox eats your computer memory like Cookie Monster eats Cookie.

1. Firefox has inherent programming that prevents a new window open in separate ‘plane of existence’. I suggest downloading Firefox Portable. They can coexist (run at the same time) with your installed Firefox. Use your installed Firefox for browsing and Portable for this endeavor.

2. Disable as many features as possible in Portable (see Tools->Option, and don’t forget View->Page Style->No Style to disable CSS). Install only auto-reloading addons.

3. Go to about:config in Portable and create/modify :

-browser.cache.memory.capacity (integer), fill with 2000. This means 2 MB of RAM will be used for memory cache. This cache is usually used to decode image which you won’t need.

-browser.sessionhistory.max_entries (integer), fill with 0. This command how many visited website will be stored in memory. You won’t need this.

-browser.sessionhistory.max_total_viewers (integer), fill with 0. This command how many pages will be stored in memory (so you can access them faster using ‘Back’ bumon). You won’t need this.

-config.trim_on_minimize (boolean), fill with 1. This force Firefox to write its memory cache into harddisk when minimized, freeing the memory.

4.Login to ForumWarz, open multiple-tabs, set auto-reload, minimize Portable

5.Profit!!!

Leave Portable minimize. This arrangement will force Portable to use as little memory as possible. Experiment with it, you should be able to get Portable run for hours (also while you are sleeping).

Use your installed Firefox to browse the internet as usual…

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!