Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

bumonz Posted:

Colonel Sanders isn’t going to be getting much higher and will drop because every day seems 1 – 3 are added on. Supply and demand at it’s finest. Log in to see images!

I’m not sure if I agree, at least for anytime in the foreseeable future. I think the Colonel Sanders prices will more or less stay stable for a while, despite how easy (though time-consuming) it is to acquire one.

My current marketing theory bumumes most players of this game don’t browse Flamebait, and that they don’t really have a whole lot to spend their Flezz on. So unless something is listed on the wiki they’re going to evaluate files as they see them on Kyoubai!. This explains why fema4kids and Habanero bumcrack, despite being the “best” music file for a while, failed to ever meet the same auction prices as when they were first introduced. Because they were “not THAT much better” than the cheaper Floyds, which exploded in value once the new forums were introduced and cash was rolling in with deliveries (remember when Floyds were 4M? Then suddenly, they were 40M?).

There’s still something like six pages of people on the Leaderboards who have 100M+, until that number decreases I’m still expecting people will bid over that much for Colonel Sanders. Eventually there will be market saturation, but who knows when.

man-man Posted:

Also there are limits to the starting bid coded in, whereas you can set whatever you want for the reserve price. Not sure why that is though…

Some multiplier info –

mterek Posted:

Base Deposit: [starting bid]/16.6667

24 Hour: 2*[base deposit]

72 Hour: 6*[base deposit]

Buy Out: 1.6*[base deposit]

Reserve: 2.2*[base deposit]

Starting bid range: ([Base Cost]/20,[Base Cost]*2)

The unlimited Reserve ticket is undoubtedly there to reflect the actual value of the items to the market, as opposed to the Ppwn Shop’s willingness to pay. I bumume the restrictions are there to prevent “flezz transfer”, ironically though CZ has broken the economy in numerous other ways and transfers can hypothetically still occur over a vast quantity of auctions as opposed to a single auction that skyrockets (which also affects the Kyoubai! leaderboards, not just the Flezz one).

I think the starting bid range exists so people don’t lose all of their Flezz paying Deposits, because Deposits are held if the bid fails. A 160M Colonel Sanders starting bid means you lose 10M if the auction fails, but only  132,000 if you use the minimum starting bid with a 160M reserve.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!