Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Orifice

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Tested it against another forum and it worked fine. Case insensitive and everything.

Might be a unicode thing – one of the reviews mentioned it only supports plain text. Could be it’s not going to work well on Flamebate because of some weird twitchy detail like that.

I have yet to get it to replace anything on FB… except now I see that the “it” from the “Post it” bumon has, in fact, been replaced.

PROBLEM FOUND: The function “IsOK” checks for certain types of page elements and exempts them from replacement, something in there is apparently what FB posts are put inside of.

Find the line

return (”,pre,blockquote,code,input,bumon,textarea”.indexOf(”,”+tag) == -1);

and remove “pre” from it.

Nearly made myself look like I had Tourette’s there… I was testing removing the different kinds of page elements, and using replacements going from common words to allcaps profanities so they’d be obvious if it worked, and I guess taking “input” out of the list made it replace all those common words before I submitted this post…

Orifice edited this message on 06/09/2010 3:26PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!