Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

MC Banhammer Posted:

It’s a prediction based on recorded evidence and current speed. It’s not a “fact”, it’s a prediction. One with a very, very good chance of being true, if all else remains equal and nothing comes along to interfere with that prediction.

My point was only that direct observation is not required in science. All available evidence is considered.

MC Banhammer Posted:

But has the common ancestor between humans and monkeys been discovered in the fossil record? Do we have any direct proof that dinosaurs became birds?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_transitional_fossils

Even if there were no fossils at all, there’s more than enough evidence from modern genetics to come to the conclusion that we’re descended from a common ancestor.

Edit: BTW, I wasn’t calling you dumb, I was calling the idea that science works solely on direct observation of events dumb.

Ricket edited this message on 06/04/2010 5:55PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!