Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Missing Semi-
colon

Avatar: 79011 2010-03-26 22:25:57 -0400

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

UnlimitedTyyppi Posted:

What exactly is wrong with Star Wars EP1:s CGI? ten years ago they could not pull off everything they tried, but at the best points it is up to par with the more mediocre stuff around today. Same goes, even more so, with stuff like Matrix and the Mummy that were out in 1999. The CGI has not improved in any drastic way in ten years, only thing is that now a movie can have more of everything, and still be affordable.

And, yes, it is easier to create 3D from real stuff, and then it can be considered a gimmick. That is the point of 3D actually breaking through now, since the visual look of movies hasn´t really evolved in ten years, even though practically all limits have been removed. And furthermore on 3D, I live in Finland, north Europe, and we got our first 3D movie theaters about three years ago. I can´t say for a fact, but I´ve gotten the impression that globally actual 3D theaters have just started to pop up recently, no matter how long the technology has been up.

And yes the price of the tickets is horrific. I´m just glad no-one goes to see movies during weekdays around here, and ticket-packages or whatever their called cost around 7$ per ticket in total to see any movie, including 3D.

And about Avatar, it is a story told many times, just now it is told in space, and directed well. You just have to known what kind of a movie your going to see. In Avatar the point is the 3D and the visuals, the story, dialog and whatnot have to be only good enough so they don´t distract from the main point, and they are. Of course, had they been above average, that would have been a plus, but nothing more.

And I enjoy story driven movies as much as the next guy, but it is not the only thing that can make a good movie, at least when watched in the theater.

The quality in CGI has gone up in a manner that i would consider significant. CGI is now easier to create faster, allowing more time to be used for perfecting models and such. Thus allowing for higher quality. Thats not saying that the CGI in Hot Tube Time Machine is better than EP1, we need to compare apples to apples, but the sheer fact that small outfits and low budget films are now able to take advantage of CGI in ways they never would have been even 10 years ago is proof enough that there has been significant advance in the technology.

I can tell from looking at the pixels, and from seeing quite a few CGI’s in my time.

Also: watching a movie for the visuals is like reading a book because it uses a pretty font. It’s stupid and reduces you to a 3 year old. Stanly Kubrick is rolling over in his grave right now.

Edit: Also Alts, lol.

Missing Semicolon edited this message on 03/14/2010 6:23PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!