Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

CarlieGotfin-
gered

Level 39 Camwhore

“Lingeriepist”

UnlimitedTyyppi Posted:

If you say so.

It’s just as easy to create 3D from something real, if not easier since there is no animation required.

CGI has always been “as real as it can get”, Go watch Star Wars Episode 1, or better yet, the awesome YouTube review of it (and how it sucks) and look at the visuals. Then compare them to the movie you’re yiffing over now (Avatar). Both movies were described in the same way, but came out nearly 10 years apart. In 10 years someone will use Avatar in the same way, to show how CGI has gotten better and that it’s constantly referred to as “as real as it can get” (or something like that, i know those aren’t your words).

Also, take a look at this blast from the past:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5x5OXfe9KY

I remember when that appeared and people remarked at how lifelike the baby looked.

3D has been around for a long bum time, and it will never be perfected until the brain in hacked and video is inputted directly into the optic nerve replacing what your eyes are seeing. Until then it’s going to be a series of gimmicks that require you too look very special and pay way too much money.

Also: Movie tickets are too damn expensive, i’m not going to pay any extra $6 to see some ****ty movie in 3D.

In conclusion: CGI has nothing to do with it and Avatar is just Smurfs in Space acting out Pocahantas.

P.S. Serious about the Star Wars EP1 review, not only does it show clips from the movie, but the first installment has clips from Terminator and The Original Trilogy that were for thier time examples of realistic special effects and CGI.

Also: I can think of worse ways to waste 70 Minutes.

CarlieGotfingered edited this message on 03/14/2010 5:55PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!