Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Blu3Schnauzer

Avatar: 16117 Sun Feb 22 17:55:30 -0500 2009

[Fetal Alcohol Pupp-
ets
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

SoronTheBeast Posted:

I do also want to remind you of one thing, something I, myself, sometimes forget when I run a game. You have to work WITH the players to have fun. The game is about fun, your fun, their fun, everyone’s fun. It can be hard because everyone has their own idea of what ‘fun’ means, but your running the game, and it falls on you to make that ‘fun’ happen whatever it maybe.

QFT.

And as Soron says, it largely depends on your players. But generally, I’ve found remaining flexible is the key to any GM/DM/ST success. Sometimes, being one is like herding cats; don’t be surprised if a large part of your carefully laid plans end up by the wayside. At the same time, you can always turn old plans into new plans…bwa ha ha.

Invaluable GM resource: Seventh Sanctum. Lots of good idea starters, generators, and quick ideas for coming up with stuff on the fly if needed.

Blu3Schnauzer edited this message on 12/27/2009 11:57PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!