Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

MC Banhammer Posted:

Modding generally has some relatively tedious jobs. But of all the tedium, closing contests is perhaps the greatest (even more than closing auctions). Even with the lists, mods need to verify what’s in the list, which means examining the contests looking for the “BP received” post which often isn’t there.

That’s why the forum and the lists don’t always get acted on.

To be REALLY helpful, you’d have to either also link to the post where the winner said “BP received”, or if there’s not one, get the winner to report the contest OP saying they got paid.

At least that’s what I’d want if I was a mod.

I Log in to see images! you. SOOO MUCH!

CrinkzPipe Posted:

What about when the mods are sitting in IDC talking? Or when they are making tons of posts in RP? I thought this is why we have so many mods, so the work COULD stay caught up?

Hell, as a regular user I can usually find the “bp sent” post within a few seconds.

Eh, maybe there is a bunch more behind-the-scenes things than I thought, but just seems like the contest forum is just avoided until us regular users point out how it needs cleaned up.

TBH, cleaning up the contests forum is probably at the bottom of the “to do” list. Is there tons of **** to keep us busy? Eh, it’s off an on. Lately, mostly not a whole hell of a lot. However, you know how you (the users) **** about the tedium of 1-2-1-2? Make that about 50 thousand times more tedious and that’s what it’s like going through the contest forum.

The list of stuff that’s obviously done is easy, even if tedious. And the last cleanup thread that you posted has all of those cleaned up. The ones where things aren’t so obvious are really a pain in the bum. I need to hunt through the thread and find out of anything’s been paid. If I can’t find it, I need to tubmail the user and hope they reply. That gets old really damned fast and that’s where I tend to run out of steam.

That said, we don’t get paid to do this. I don’t see why we should have to curtail whatever parts of the site we each consider fun to take care of a never-ending list of things that bore us to tears. That doesn’t mean completely neglecting the tedium and crap tasks that none of us want to do, but I can’t support your idea of not taking part in other areas on the site until something like this is done.

If you want a quick clean-up, I’m going to suggest McB’s solution of linking to the post where it says it’s been paid out. If you make it that easy for me, I’ll take care of cleaning things up – even if it’s only a few threads at a time.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!