Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

OverclockedJ-
esus

Avatar: 16071 2010-02-06 15:55:38 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Dunatis Posted:

And here is a question then for you. Is it a Right to be able to walk down the streets with your children secure in the knowledge that people dressed up in pretty white robes won’t shout at you about how you should go back to your country before throwing stones at you and trying to get others to join in?

Only the not having stones thrown at you bit. The rest—-there is no such thing as the right to not be offended or have people make fun of you or call you names, etc. Once the stones fly, though, that is initiating force on the part of the stone-throwers and, as such, violates the rights of the first party.

Dunatis Posted:

A better example would probably the the Right to own property which is a rather fundamental part of Capitalism. But one which can limit where I am able to be.

Yes.

Dunatis Posted:

I’m not at all allowed to walk into my neighbor’s house, make a sandwich and sit down to watch some television. My liberties are being taken away!!!

No, you never had that liberty in the first place. You had the freedom, but not liberty. Liberty is free actions wrt rights.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!