Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Hey, so…

Halloween is coming up and as I hang up my Halloween stockings by the fireplace while sipping my pumpkin nog, I admit that I feel full of holiday cheer. In celebration of my favorite holiday, I’m holding a pumpkin carving contest, starting now and ending on Nov 1 at 12am.

The winner gets 5 brownie points, and if there are others that I really like, I’ll give out 1 bp bonuses for what I think are the best ones.

What to do: carve a pumpkin (though another type of squash is okay, if you must), take a picture of it with your username written on a piece of paper, card, or even the pumpkin itself so that it can be identified as your work, from this year, and post it here. You can submit up until Nov 1. I’m not going to put a limit on how many times you can enter, but I’m only going to give one prize per person.

Just to be sure we’re clear: this should be a real pumpkin, not a drawing of a pumpkin or an image of a pumpkin that you found somewhere. It should be carved this year, not last year with your name ‘shopped in or something. If I think your image isn’t genuine or you’re trying to get away with something shady, I’m going to disqualify you. If your pic doesn’t have your forumwarz username in it (written or carved on something, not added digitally to the image), I’m not even going to consider it.

So now that I’ve got the threats out of the way, I’m just looking for something that captures the spirit of Halloween. You can interpret that however you want. I’m not picky. Your image can be of one pumpkin or a family of pumpkins or whatever, as long as they’re carved. If you show the pumpkin both in regular light and in the dark and lit up, that would be even better. If you want to use a stencil, that’s fine and there are even sites where you can download them and print them out.

That’s it. Yay for Halloween.

Added Oct 24:

I’m going to add one 1 BP prize for the best Paper Bag Jack-O-Lantern.

So if you don’t want to kill a pumpkin, you can still win something by cutting a Jack-O-Lantern face (or maybe another festive Halloween scene) out of a paper bag, putting a candle in it, and taking a picture. You may or may not get extra credit if the bag catches on fire. Same rules as with the real pumpkin submissions — prove it’s yours by writing your fwz username on something in the picture.

plk edited this message on 10/24/2009 6:40PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!