Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

man-man Posted:

Image submitting was broken, must have gone broken some time after 3 people put one in. I know I added one after it came back up, and that’s been -5ed. Amuses me how, looking at the ones that are left, we used essentially the same source material – (one of the survivors is using a free “Dr Seuss style” font that I decided against, the cover of Green Eggs and Ham is evident in all of them for obvious reasons)

I liked mine… but it seems only 2 people agreed before it got wiped out by downvotes Log in to see images!

Edit: I look back, and now only one is left. At least there were 3 there when I looked in to vote…

I know the suggestion is an old one, but given the low numbers of image submissions (and the separated submission/voting periods), do we really need downvoting as a filter?

Allowing people to vote up, down or pbum means you can make an effective difference of 2 between one you like and one you hate, could preserve that by leaving the system as it is but uncapping negative scores. As it is, 6 quick downvotes can deny everyone else the ability to even see a submission – if the low scorering subs weren’t removed it would at least give it a chance at a comeback

Which one was yours?

As far as image submissions go, I can’t say I agree – it’s not always a case of being between two items that someone hates. For the Corset of Quantum Uncertainty, there were two entries after the first day and those entries went up into the 20+ vote range, they never stayed low. You’d think when there’s two entries someone would upvote one, then downvote the other, but in that case people liked both images enough to upvote both and it was a tight race right through the end.

More people tend to vote on images than on items (based on my scores from the past couple days), and since it takes so much effort to make an image I’d say the voting more accurately reflects what they truly like. For items, people are always downvoting like mad because they want their item to win. There’s no conflict of interest if they don’t have an image uploaded.

I don’t think removing the cap would make a difference for images.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!