Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

MC Banhammer Posted:

I won’t be holding my breath for any future discoveries which would change widely-held current scientific beliefs, because history suggests that I will be dead long before that happens.

What you’re seemingly failing to realize is that your argument above could have been worded, 5000 years ago, as “The preponderance of evidence currently points to a Earth-centric solar system. It could be disproved by future discoveries. But I will not be holding my breath. Will you?” And it was only what, 4000 years later that this was first challenged in a meaningful way?

And when it comes right down to it, whether all objects move around the Earth, the sun, or most likely around a singular point, is irrelevant in my day-to-day life, and over the entire course of my life. Same thing with evolution. But my relationship with my Diety — that impacts me every minute of every day. Where do you suggest I put my energies?

I’ve only caught up this far in the thread, but I would like to earnestly emptyquote an amazing post. People’s dismissal of my “go watch pale blue dot” argument as a strawman were perfectly correct in logical terms, but the sooner you realize that the biggest and most important questions facing mankind operate outside of logical confines, the better off you’ll be.

Indiana Jonas edited this message on 09/05/2009 4:42AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!