Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

burningpopsi-
cles

Avatar: 185740 Sun Jul 26 20:51:42 -0400 2009

[Everyday Regular N-
ormal Klan
]

Level 31 Troll

“Permafail”

Sarcasm Inc Posted:

Don’t forget to include a piece on amendments to the Constitution. And an analysis on whether America as a whole still holds true to the values and ideas espoused in tit’s first dogreat timesent.

That last bit is particularly interesting. You find that a lot of the values that the religious right is trying to push are completely unconstitutional, especially when it comes to civil liberties such as gay marriage and so-called ‘family values’. They claim to love america and all it stands for, and yet their ideals don’t seem to go beyond a sort of blindly patriotic nationalist fervour.

I’m somewhat of a libertarian myself (although not esp. politically), and i am a big admirer of the american constitution. I think that it’s an amazingly elegant and concise dogreat timesent.

Unfortunately, i can’t help you too much with the history; my interests are more philosophical. But in order to make learning fun, i suggest you watch some episodes of the show ‘Bull****’ by penn and teller; they do a lot of episodes about constitutional rights, in a lolerific way. Also, check out www.nationstates.com – i think it would be a great tool for a presentation about how govt. policy works.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!