Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

Other viewpoint: I got banned for asking the mods who were derailing my thread with comments like that one to look up the word “civil” and stop the derail.

There are two issues here that led to call of “trolling”. First, you focused on the mods, not the user who initially derailed and continued the derail. By leaving him out, you focused on a subset of people that you’ve made it very clear that you dislike.

Second, it was the “look up the word ‘civil’” bit that pushed you over given the first issue. Tubs and I were being civil, if frustrated. There was never any name calling and never anything that crossed over to trolling – even upon review of MC Banhammer. Since it was specifically directed at people that *were* being civil, at least one mod that wasn’t directly involved found it to fall under trolling.

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

He did not get banned for that. How is that fair? My comment was annoyance at a stupid argument continuing in my thread for two pages. His was straight-up trolling.

Because he wasn’t attributing it to a user. It wasn’t even directed at a user. He made his one line comment in reply, then continued on to emulate the thoughts of a fictional user that wanted to increase their ban count. Badly worded? Hell yes. Reads like trolling at first glance? Yeah. Actual “straight-up” trolling? Not so much.

spacekadt edited this message on 08/25/2009 11:17AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!