Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

CrinkzPipe Posted:

I do admit this idea could be bad, and people are trying to convice mods it isn’t.

Think of it this way:

User 1 posts something

User 2 is outraged because looking at his ban history he was banned for the same thing

Giant ****storm happens where User 2 complains to the admins, mods, and players that User 1 wasn’t banned while User 2 was for a similar or same post.

That’s what I see from both sides in this thread.

Perhaps, but the thing is that there seems to be a growing sentiment in the forums that users are entitled to some form of fair and equitable compensation from the moderation staff for the inconvenience of banishment. Being banned is supposed to be a punishment. Being able to go back and see the mod comments may be fun for some, but realistically it is going to turn into a never-ending ****fest of people going back and nitpicking each decision and clogging up the forums with even more threads about why this or that particular moderator is a bad moderator.

The there have been some bans lately that seem harsh, but it is not the place of the community to dissect each individual case hoping to enact some after the fact justice by harbuming those in authority because they do not agree with their actions.

If you break the rules you will, if caught, be banned. This should be the end of the story. It isn’t because people want to buck and fight the system for the sake of bucking and fighting the system. This wastes the time and energy of everyone involved and more to the point draws attention away from other rule violations and inappropriate behavior.

I do not envy the mods.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!