Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Xylon Posted:

1. Why should we be rewarded for bad behavior?

Don’t know if I missed a point in this thread, but looking at our ban histories to have a laugh or two when we need one is rewarding bad behavior?

Xylon Posted:

2. If someone gets banned for something and another doesn’t, why should it concern you?

Because if two people made a post that wasn’t against the rules AT ALL, why should only 1 get banned?

Xylon Posted:

3. Moderators are people, not mindless automatons that scour the site looking for infractions.

I think everyone understands and knows this.

Xylon Posted:

4. There are 150k + users and more than 500 post on the forums. There are only ten mods, and only five seem active at any point.

Again, if you are getting at that they can’t be everywhere and catch everybody, I think every one understands this.

Xylon Posted:

5. Having access to your ban histories would require more coding for ET which would take time away from the gameplay tuneup and EP 3.

Kinda like Community Bans? As I understand, the game play tuneup coding is almost done, he just has to fix out the bugs.

Xylon Posted:

6. It is not the duty or the responsibility of the moderation staff to change rules or policy to satiate mob protest. This is not a democracy.

I have to agree.

Xylon Posted:

7. Finally, no amount of complaining is going to change the above facts and this thread has turned into a pointless attempt try an vilify the moderation staff for refusing to bend to the will of the crying mob.

I do admit this idea could be bad, and people are trying to convice mods it isn’t.

Think of it this way:

User 1 posts something

User 2 is outraged because looking at his ban history he was banned for the same thing

Giant ****storm happens where User 2 complains to the admins, mods, and players that User 1 wasn’t banned while User 2 was for a similar or same post.

That’s what I see from both sides in this thread.

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 08/14/2009 5:59PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!