Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Afterthotz Posted:

Also, one more question that probably has no answer… I’m currently switching to items that increase my Luck/Charisma right after using up all my forum visits for the day.

Do you think that this helps with the rollover? Or do you think that the items I’m going to receive is determined AS I finish pwning a forum, and not at 6:59 AM?

Bandaney Posted:

That’s the way everyone that wants good deliveries does it. When I was grinding for Pink Floyd, I used to unequip my Beast0rs and equip Haxt0rs instead (as Pink Floyd is a low luck file), and after I was done, I’d put my Beast0rs back on to get good deliveries, so yeah, do it.

I have at least 2, often 3 items that I keep around in each slot – 1 for maximum offence/defence for going pwning, 1 with maximum luck/charisma for rollover, and 1 with the best offence/defence and zero luck, for Floyd farming. Often there’s an overlap though – like Ripro for +7 to Offence, Defence, Luck and Charisma (good for both pwning and rollover)

I don’t think there’s any question that the items you get are determined at rollover, not on pwning each forum. High Luck and Charisma overnight is what does it.

If we want to make a serious effort at crunching the numbers, useful information would be the forums pwned, either the total amount of cred earned or the number of threads the forums had (to allow cred to be calculated), what your luck and charisma were on rollover, and then the number and combined value of the items you received in deliveries.

I’m thinking that the easiest way to figure out what’s best would be to group the data into blocks with similar amounts of cred earned/forums pwned, then graph it with luck on 1 axis, charisma on the other and the average resulting deliveries for the combination on each data point. That or eliminate the variability of different amounts of pwnage by telling everyone who wants to contribute to pwn the same forums at as close to max. threads as possible.

I won a brownie point that I have no particular plans for, could put up a contest along the lines of “Go pwn these forums, then tell us what your luck/charisma were on rollover and what deliveries you got, randomly selected entrant gets BP”. But making it a contest would just provide an incentive for people to submit made up numbers.

man-man edited this message on 08/13/2009 4:58PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!