Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

Hmm, good point Celery Steve, but my guess would be that Crotch Zombie Productions only doesn’t ban you because they are concerned that doing so would cause you to throw a hissy fit and post episode 3 spoilers all over the forums and in real life.

The implication here is that we gave Celerysteve special treatment by not banning him despite the fact that he broke the rules. I consider this ironic, since the exact opposite is true.

I did tempban Celerysteve, despite the fact that alt-revealing is currently not against the rules. I only did so because he’d posted information gleaned from the Apprentice subforum, which I considered a guarded environment. At first I simply edited Celerysteve’s posts to remove the alt-reveal, but after he reverted his original posts — twice, despite an email warning that he says he missed — I decided to community ban him.

I unbanned him soon afterward, when the alt himself came out and explicitly revealed his identity. At that point, I figured it wasn’t worth trying to protect it anymore.

As for Episode 3 spoilers, there is always a concern that they could leak. However, I believe if Celerysteve (or anyone from the Apprentice forums) were permabanned for legitimate reasons, they would be sensible enough not to pull such a stunt. For what it’s worth, Celerysteve left the Apprentice project long before any major plot spoilers became known.

tl;dr: Unless I somehow missed Opposite Day, this is a conjectural and baseless bumumption.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!