Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Staunch

[Island of Avalon]

Level 29 Camwhore

“Playmate of the Month”

Fortunato Posted:

slippery slope stuff aside, since when do we say it’s not their right to do what they want to do with their equipment? They don’t have an exclusive monopoly on providing internet service. Perhaps another company can make a selling point of the fact that they don’t block anything.

Indeed that is true.

The problem is if a powerhouse like AT&T does it, other companies will follow suit. I am sure they will hide behind “FOR THE CHILDREN” as to why they are doing it.

Deals will be made with website admins and kickbacks will follow (especially with smaller ISP providers) – if you block X.com, Y.com will pay you _____.

The scary part of this is there are some people who love in rural areas who, other then Hughes net in the US, only have one maybe two options for ISPs. As for Hughes, have you ever priced their service? Ouch…

Of course I can post about all the bad things that could happen, that might never happen all day, and it will not make a single diffrence. In the end, the companies will decide to do what they want to do, and it will happen.

People can scream “free speech” all they want, but this is “free enterprise”.

Still, this is something people should not just blow off because they don’t like 4chan (I have honestly never been there).

Staunch edited this message on 07/27/2009 10:31AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!