Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

I’m seeing several posts lately where people say they’ve missed seeing threads. I think the main reason for that is the Active Topics. Personally, I don’t like that methodology. People tend to only look at Active Topics, and so if something gets bumped off it for any reason (not just contest/kyoubai spam, or trolling spam), threads get missed. Same with updates to stickies, they’re very easy to miss if you just browse Active Topics a couple of times a day. And if you go on vacation, forget finding much of anything!

I would prefer the system to work like several other forums I’ve been on, where you can click on a link to see all updated threads since you last visited. One advantage of this is you’d automatically see all threads in secret forums you’re part of, mixed in with all the rest.

And surely if such a thing were implemented, it could be done not only over all posts, but also in each of the two areas of the board (CD and RP) so you could see all CD changes w/o RP spam, and vice-versa.

I’m not averse to having this functionality in addition to active topics, mind you. I’ve just never seen both methodologies living together on any forums Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!