Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

scully Posted:

Look at the “don’t post off topic pics in a sticky” rule that was put into place with no announcement and then got gigerth banned for like 2 months. Sure, gig is a troll, but he didn’t even know he was doing something he could get banned for. That was pretty stupid.

signed, that was ****ed. i was even there when he did it and didn’t know he was breaking a rule. I laughed with everyone else at his delightfully off topic images, then felt awkward when he got banned for it shortly after.

scully Posted:

We have too many mods. They don’t agree on much of anything. They all have users that they personally dislike and would love to nail. Some take it dead serious, some let everything slide, some giggle at the wackiness even as they dole out the punishments they must.

This was a concern from the get-go. No other comment at this time.

Sancdar Posted:

Oh, I forgot. To go along with the whole open and honest thing, that suggestion about making a subforum where you can view bans/reasons/appeals/discussion for users was fantastic. It’s harder to argue against a ban when the reasons are clarified instead of just letting us see “user was banned for this post”.

Even just some functionality to append the ban reason to the post in a different colour.

People pay attention to a red USER BANNED: reason more than a bold mod edit. And then mods dont have to remember to append it themselves.

what forum systems don’t do that by default, anyway.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!