Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Shishi Posted:

I have read other books that seemed disjointed, but usually they were trying to come across with some great truth, or message or something that just didn’t work. I didn’t see one here. Anyone else find one?

This is true – and this is not true. Pynchon was already beyond the usual structure of a having a solution at the end of a book. Breaking those structures can mean, you won’t get a satisfying end at all. Just like life, some things end abruptly. I find this interesting.

Fortunato Posted:

I would clbumify this as postmodern academic fiction.

Other examples of style incorporated from other genres or sources would include the funny names (slapstick humor imo) and the elaborate conspiracy and her subsequent follow-up on it (detective fiction).

I’d like to add influences of surreal drama and road movies (in literal form).

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!