Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

ProjectileVo-
mitBunnyRabb-
it

[Tormenting Evil Kn-
uckles of Satan
]

Level 35 Permanoob

“Kapitan Stupidska”

Don’t go down the route of sharing internet with your neighbours, it’ll just bite you in the bum one way or the other.

If you get a router, make sure to enable “WPA” security, and NOT “WEP”. And when you enable WPA, make the pbumcode long, using A_Z, a-z, 0-9, and at least one alt. symbol on your keyboard (e.g. !@*&^%$). WPA can only be hacked through either knowing the code (dumpsterdiving/social engineering), or brute force, hence the long code. Mine is around 20 characters long – just make it a sentence.

Also, Wireless Zero Config is, IIRC, installed by default on Windows systems – so checking for it is irrelevant – and through my experience, wireless adapters that are USB are iffy at best. Then again, I used a D-link one that crapped out, and a friend’s Linksys one worked wonders – so I suppose it’s what means more to you, money or opening your computer to do a (very) simple install. Most internal desktop cards have detailed instructions on how to install for the user who doesn’t know how to do it.

ProjectileVomitBunnyRabbit edited this message on 06/14/2009 2:30PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!