Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

CreepPipe Posted:

In all actuality Honda and Nissan really are the most “American made” car manufacturers, yes they may be Japanese companies but the majority of bumembly within both companies is done here in the United States. Making the majority of the employees paid for the process of bumembly going to Americans.

Also maybe more people would be interested in buying GM/Ford/Chrysler and their sister companies products if they were more reliable and efficient.

This has been pretty much my reaction. “Why are we infusing money into auto companies that don’t make cars Americans want to buy? Why shouldn’t they go bankrupt, and then we sell the facilities to companies that do make cars Americans want to buy?”

Likewise, I laughed out loud when news companies talked about the Pontiac line disappearing. “Gone will be the clbumic, iconic, blahblahblah.” Uhm, yeah, clbumic Pontiacs were cool. People loved them. The Pontiacs that have been coming out lately? Not so much. That’s why they sold so poorly the line had to be retired. Duh.

Watching the govt prop up companies that kept promising they could break even with a complete company overhaul… in just a couple years… really, we promise… blech. Buying “American Made” used to be a good idea, because it was a sign of quality and had the added benefit of keeping money in the economy. With better, more popular, more efficient cars being made by Americans under different company names, I see no reason why this is yet another exception to the “let the market decide” approach the other side of the aisle kept talking about.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!