Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Generic Raci-
st

Avatar: 113010 Sat Mar 28 01:20:15 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

i'm a dirty fine upstanding member of society myself lulz

Samildanach Posted:

Except this isn’t about big government. It’s about human dignity, and whether two people who love each other should be able to build a life together without suffering prejudice and scorn. It’s about whether couples that could get married in one location can also get married if they move to another place in the same country.

It took federal action to end slavery and segregation. It sometimes takes big government to tell the people “Hey, you can’t do that to the minority. Our country was founded to protect what was, at the time, a minority – Americans.” Ending slavery was not a good idea by the government. Other places abolished without having to be told to. We would have eventually too. Sure it would have took longer, but it would be better in the long run because people would actually WANT it to happen instead of it being forced upon them by dangerous people like you who think they are so much smarter than everyone else and are the only ones who are right. Ending slavery created segregation out the frustration of people having no say in the matter. That’s why you never hear about segregation in places like Brittan. It has nothing to do southerners are more evil, or bigoted, or stupid than britts.

I’m gonna steal a quote from my iconsake for the purpose of illustrating how plebiscites work, and why they suck. Feel free to replace “voting” with “Prop 8” for best effect:

Also, we don’t live in a democracy. We live in a representative republic, specifically because the framers of the Constitution realized that The People, while they were magnificent, were also generally dangerous and uneducated, and not necessarily able to think of what is to their best benefit – like, say, supporting equal rights for the minority, or remembering that they once were one.

Are you kidding me? So I guess we need an anointed King to lead the the ignorant, uneducated mbum to glory. Do you seriously think that people are unable to think for themselves and govern themselves? Why don’t you move a country with a dictatorship, since you think that you and everyone else is too stupid and evil to make laws THAT THEY WANT TO LIVE BY. People don’t just take actions with no reason. Going through life thinking people are inherently evil and stupid is sad way to live

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!