Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Samildanach Posted:

Imagine if I said “For most of our history, a ‘voter’ was a white male with significant property. Therefore, we need to keep that tradition. So, while everyone else gets to take part in the electoral process, from now on, only white men will be able to describe themselves as ‘voters’, and only white men will be able to say they ‘voted.’ Women and minorities need not fear, though – the legal language will be ‘electoral engagement’ and everyone will be able to ‘electorally engage’. It’s just that you can only ‘electorally engage’, while white men can choose to describe it as either ‘electoral engagement’ or the traditional ‘voting’ – they get the choice, and you don’t.”

Except you’re comparing apples and oranges. That is purely a governmental issue with no bearing in any religious organization or worldview whatsoever.

You can’t make that comparison because the parties affected are not the same and wouldn’t respond the same. No one is being compromised by more people being allowed to vote, whereas the opposite is true for forcing religions to change their marriage rituals.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!