Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

plk Posted:

Actually, by “many people,” I really mean “many people.”

I’m also pretty unimpressed by your two years of cultural anthro if that’s the message you came away with. I don’t agree that ancient marriage ceremonies were always about religion, per se. It has, however, always been a cultural ceremony which has had many functions for the individuals and families involved.

No, I understand that. Would you disagree with the statement that culture is heavily influenced by the dominant religion of that region?

I’m trying to come up with compromises that satisfy both parties; the fact is that a very large number of people in this country see marriage as religious, and will staunchly refuse and oppose every measure to let gays marry.

To my knowledge, gays want equal representation as far as taxes go and whatnot; that’s their primary argument for why gay marriage should be allowed. If that’s the real case, then declaring the legal side of marriage a Civil Union and giving them the equal rights they want should take care of that, while letting the staunchly opposed still retain the sanctity of their ritual.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!