Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Marriage is, at its heart, a religious ceremony. As a Christian, I firmly believe the desires of the sponsoring religion be upheld.

THAT BEING SAID, I also strongly think that marriage as far as the public is concerned (meaning tax benefits, etc.) should be re-worked into being called Civil Unions. Remove all semblance of religion from the legal side of marriages, and you’ll alleviate reasons to prohibit it.

If gays want to civilly unionize to get tax benefits and share their lives together, I’m all for it. But it’s not the religious ritual known as marriage and it shouldn’t be called as such. No one tells other religions how to undergo their rituals and traditions; it’s just that in America some aspects of Christianity are so ingrained into the culture that we forget that there are alternatives that leave everyone happy.

tl;dr = Re-define all marriages as civil unions as far as government is concerned for tax purposes, let Christians still call their civil unions marriages and undergo the religious/ritualistic aspects as they please.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!