Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Chawain, in case you’ve been busy, or if the spell selection seems too much to sift through, here are my suggestions for what spells to start with for a 1st Level Sorceror.

0 Level – Daze, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Resistance

1st Level – Mage Armor, Magic Missile

Daze (Creature loses next action) This is a Will Save based spell, so fighter types (which can be a huge danger to you if they get close enough) will usually have difficulty resisting. Having one extra round to make your escape, or to allow your teammate to step in and deal with the enemy up close can be a huge advantage.

Detect Magic (Detects spells and magic items) This is a core spell that every spellcaster should have.

Read Magic (Read scrolls and spellbooks) This is also a core spell that every spellcaster should have.

Resistance (Subject gains +1 on saves) You can use this on yourself or your allies, to help prepare against any type of saves you might have to make right before a battle. Very useful as a preparatory ‘buff’ spell.

Mage Armor (Give subject +4 armor bonus) This is for either you or an ally, and lasts for a full hour, so it might even stick around for more than one battle. Very useful.

Magic Missile (Automatically hits the designated target, no attack roll needed, 1d4+1 dmg) You’ll gain more missiles as you go up in levels, and an automatically successful attack that also ignores most damage protection can save the day)

If you haven’t picked your Feat yet, I’d like to recommend either Improved Initiative. It gives you a +4 to your initiative checks, which makes it more likely that you’ll go first in any combat situation. That’s an obvious tactical advantage, especially if we’re facing an enemy spellcaster. Being able to go first (or better, yet, hold your action until the enemy’s turn) can be a powerful advantage. In fact, if you wait until the enemy spellcaster begins to cast a spell, and then fire a Magic Missile at him, you can potentially disrupt his spell, thereby canceling it out completely.

Which also bring me to skills for a sorcerer. With 24 Skill points, that means you can max out 6 different Skills. I’d go for Concentration, Bluff, Intimidate, Spot, Listen & Use Magic Device, in that order of priority.

I hope that helps.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!