Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

Sergant Cid Posted:

When I encountered this situation, I saw two posters making trolling posts. Given the choice of banning both or warning both (both choices being equally valid), I decided to be lenient, and made a post to warn both of them. While I was doing so, another Moderator banned one of the two posters I was going to warn. I chose to amend my decision and follow suit with my fellow Moderator, and banned the other poster. This was the most fair option, because punishing one and not the other would have been biased. And our goal is to be fair.

Again, fair would be to let the poster that realized what he posted and tried to fix it remain unbanned, and to ban the poster that trolled for the sake of trolling.

And I hate to run the risk of making this thread about too many topics, but Cid this isn’t the first time you’ve closed a thread when a discussion was still ongoing. I definitely still had a few questions about upcoming rule changes and where things were headed, but your moderation decision and the storm that followed completely derailed the thread. From the tone of the thread, I can only bumume that you got sick of answering questions about your decision and closed the thread for a rather selfish reason. Again, without any personal feelings, it’s your job to answer to the community on why you do things, and having the power to close threads doesn’t mean you just get to use it whenever. I don’t care if you get annoyed by it, it is absolutely part of your job. If the thread was offtrack, say you won’t answer and more questions and leave it open. Closing it just, once again, reeks of you making a poor decision and using your elevated status to bury it.

Edit: Don’t worry there was nothing banable in previous versions of this post, I just forgot to put Cids name in the quote

Indiana Jonas edited this message on 05/28/2009 3:57AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!