Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

Sergeant Cid Posted:

He and Merc both committed a trolling offense. I saw both posts in their original version, and began to respond. My intention was to let both off with a warning. While I was responding, Merc was banned for his trolling act by another Mod. During that time, LHO edited his post. Banning one but not the other would have been unfair. I therefore banned LHO for his trolling, and reverted the original post, to show what he was banned for.

Both players were banned for trolling in the same thread. The fact that one decided to edit his post and the other did not doesn’t change the facts of the original offenses. I based my decision on what I saw, not what it was changed to.

I can honestly say, without a hint of personal emotion, that I quite frankly don’t give a **** what your intent was with those two posters. You admit yourself that LHO edited his post before you were able to even warn him, which clearly indicates his realization that he went over the line, and the steps he took to rectify that. Banning both posters when one tried to fix his post and the other didn’t is the only possible “unfair” outcome from this situation.

The fact that one edited his post and the other didn’t completely changes the facts about the initial offenses. Had you not reverted his post (for whatever reason), anyone that looked at that thread would see merc trolling and getting banned, and LHO making a borderline post refuting the troll. There would have been no issue, and the thread might have gone on on track.

You saw a troll post, but when you went back to ban, and saw it was edited, your reaction should have been “good job LHO for recognizing a trolling post and fixing it yourself”, and not “well i saw trolling before so let me just edit this back for you and ban you for it.”

This is honestly the most ridiculous decision I’ve ever seen on this site, and I’ve been around for quite a few.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!