Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

I did read it and I am not at all bumured by it. It doesn’t change the fact that I don’t find many of those players humorous or that you’ve happily approved things like the FalconFour mission in the past, which was so boring I just clicked through it as fast as I could.

There’s a few people on there that I have complete faith in, and the rest I either am unsure of or I think they have no possibility of producing something I’d find comical. I doubt that most of our (completely non-trolling) remaining community will speak up about any doubts they have, so I’m doing it.

First off, not only would it be unfair to post people’s applications in Flamebate, but it would get me banned for posting personal information.

Now, I was thinking of adding a little one-sentence description of each applicant to justify why they were chosen, although that’s not quite what you’re asking for. Should I also post the applications of those who didn’t make it? You can see why this is not feasible.

You should also keep in mind that, humor being highly subjective, it’s impossible to provide that kind of justification. I feel silly even explaining this. You want absolute, incontrovertible proof that you’d find them funny, and I can’t guarantee that. Presumably, we’re the guys overseeing all the content on this site. Why not give us the benefit of the doubt that we can pick people who’d gel with Crotch Zombie’s sensibilities?

I could also challenge you to name players who you do think are funny, but that would be irrelevant; if they didn’t bother to apply for the position, they couldn’t have made it. Furthermore, I know for a fact that you probably haven’t heard of half the picks. I hadn’t either, until they emailed us. That fact had no bearing on my decision, just as it should have no bearing on your faith in them.

You claim to be speaking up for a larger subsection of the community, but I doubt it. It’s possible that others don’t find Player X funny either, but that’s besides the point. There are many other factors besides pure sense of humor that landed some applicants the position. Saying you wouldn’t play Episode 3 because of the crew behind it is like saying you wouldn’t watch X-Men Origins: Wolverine because you heard Randy A. Jablonka was hired as the lighting technician.

Actually, that’s not quite right. Because of the nature of our Apprentice process, it’s more like saying you wouldn’t watch X-Men Origins: Wolverine because you heard Randy A. Jablonka got called back for a second interview by the lighting director. You’re jumping the gun.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!